- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
33 BD missions fail to achieve July-March export target
Thirty three out of 56 Bangladesh missions abroad have failed to achieve their respective export target for the first three quarters (July-March) period of the current fiscal (2016-17).
The key Bangladesh missions like the ones in Washington, London, Madrid, Ottawa, Canberra, Ottawa, and Tokyo have failed to achieve their July-March export targets while some other important missions -- Berlin, Beijing, Moscow, Copenhagen, Riyadh, Rome, Moscow, The Hague -- have been able to reach their targets for the nine-month period.
The overall export earnings for the July-March period of FY17 amounted to $ 25,946.02 million against the strategic target of $ 27,111 million, showing a fall of 4.30 percent over the strategic target.
Of the 56 Bangladesh missions, some 23 missions met their respective export targets set for the July-March period, according to the latest statistics provided by the Export Promotion Bureau (EPB).
The 23 well-performing missions are in Berlin, Beijing, Moscow, Singapore, Copenhagen, Katmandu, Athens, Colombo, Rabat, Ankara, Bagdad, Bangkok, Vienna, Jakarta, Riyad, Rome, Warsaw, Boirut, Islamabad, Port Lues, The Hague, Lisbon and Tashkent.