- Inter Milan loses 5-4 at Fiorentina despite Icardi hat trick
- Mumbai defends 142, Dhoni hits last-ball winner in IPL
- DSE, CSE down at opening
- Mexico says 2 top drug traffickers killed near US border
- French voters begin casting ballots in presidential election
- Sexagenarian beaten to death in Noakhali
- 2 female ‘Jamaat members’ held in Jessore
- Farmer dies in Sherpur elephant attack
- A year on, justice eludes family of slain RU professor
- B’baria OC hurt in clash during AL hartal
33 BD missions fail to achieve July-March export target
Thirty three out of 56 Bangladesh missions abroad have failed to achieve their respective export target for the first three quarters (July-March) period of the current fiscal (2016-17).
The key Bangladesh missions like the ones in Washington, London, Madrid, Ottawa, Canberra, Ottawa, and Tokyo have failed to achieve their July-March export targets while some other important missions -- Berlin, Beijing, Moscow, Copenhagen, Riyadh, Rome, Moscow, The Hague -- have been able to reach their targets for the nine-month period.
The overall export earnings for the July-March period of FY17 amounted to $ 25,946.02 million against the strategic target of $ 27,111 million, showing a fall of 4.30 percent over the strategic target.
Of the 56 Bangladesh missions, some 23 missions met their respective export targets set for the July-March period, according to the latest statistics provided by the Export Promotion Bureau (EPB).
The 23 well-performing missions are in Berlin, Beijing, Moscow, Singapore, Copenhagen, Katmandu, Athens, Colombo, Rabat, Ankara, Bagdad, Bangkok, Vienna, Jakarta, Riyad, Rome, Warsaw, Boirut, Islamabad, Port Lues, The Hague, Lisbon and Tashkent.