- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
DU student Shamsul Arefin awarded Bangabandhu Gold Medal
DU, BdChronicle Reporter:
Shamsul Arefin Rumi, one of the highest CGPA scorers of the department of Public Administration of Dhaka University (DU), has been awarded ‘Bangabandhu Gold Medal’ for his outstanding result in BSS (Honours) examination in his department.
He received the medal on Friday in an orientation program and souvenir publication festival arranged by Muksudpur Upazilla Students’ Association of Dhaka University (MUSADU) held in Muzaffor Ahmed Chowdhury auditorium of the university.
Md. Faruq Khan M.P., Presidium member of Bangladesh Awami League, also the chief guest of the program, handed over the medal and certificate to him.
Among others, Adv. Abu Jahid Sentu, Founder President of Bangladesh Ain Somity and Lawyer of Bangladesh Supreme Court, Adv. Sheikh Hemayet Hossain, Former President of Dhaka Bar Association and President of Awami Ainjibi Parishod, Prof. Dr. Zia Rahman, Chairperson of Criminology Department and Provost of the Ziaur Rahman Hall of DU, Mizanur Rahman Khan, District and Session Judge of Manikganj district, Md. Moshiur Rahman, Additional Secretary of Home Ministry and Sheikh Golam Mahbub, Director of Judicial Administration Training Institute, were the special guests of the program.
MUSADU President Saif Murtafee presided over the program while Khondokar Robiul Islam Robi, Founder and Former President of MUSADU, was the chief speaker.
Contacted, Shamsul Arefin Rumi said it was his 21st award he got in his student life. Previously he got 6 Gold Medals, 2 Excellent Performance Awards, 4 Congratulation Awards, 2 Good Behaviour Awards, 4 Contribution Awards, 2 Loyalty Awards and 1 Certificate of Expertise Award. He was also endowed with 3 Certificates of Merit and 2 Certificates of Appreciation.
Paying gratitude to his parents Rumi said, "All of my achievements came by dint of tireless support, care and love of my parents."
Shamsul Arefin Rumi was born in Faridpur district and grown up in Muksudpur Upazilla of Gopalganj district, the district of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.