- Voting in 19 UPs, Khetlal municipality begins
- PM performs Umrah
- 2 schoolgirls drown in Chuadanga
- Transport strike called off in Sylhet
- 100 HSC answer scripts found at RU hall
- BD imposes ‘self-ban’ on vegetable export to EU market
- Swadhinata KS clinch 1st Div Football League title
- Trump greeted with selfies and politics on arrival in Israel
- Khaleda sits with party policymakers
- Banani rape: Shafat’s driver Billal makes ‘confession’
DSE, CSE down at opening
The Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) and the Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) witnessed downward trend in early hour of trading on Sunday, the first trading session of the week.
After first one-and-half-an-hour of trading, DSEX, the benchmark index of the premier bourse, shed over 49.80 points while CSEX, the Selective Category Index of port city bourse, went down by 85.14 points.
DSEX, the benchmark index DSE, lost 49.80 points or 0.90 per cent to reach at 5471.85 at 11:54am.
The two other indices also saw negative trend till then. The DSE Shariah Index (DSES) dropped 5.58 point or 0.43 percent to stand at 1266.65. The DS30 index, comprising blue chips fell 18.50 points or 0.90 per cent to stand at 2031.92.
Turnover, the crucial indicator of the market, stands at Tk 1953.56 million on the DSE, riding on LankaBangla Finance and BDCOM Online Ltd.
Of the issues traded till 12 noon, 52 advanced, 208 declined and 33 issues remained unchanged.
LankaBangla Finance dominated the turnover chart with shares worth Tk 298.28 million changing hands till then, closely followed by BDCOM, ISLAMICFIN, BEXMCO and SPCL.