- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
DSE, CSE down at opening
The Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) and the Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) witnessed downward trend in early hour of trading on Sunday, the first trading session of the week.
After first one-and-half-an-hour of trading, DSEX, the benchmark index of the premier bourse, shed over 49.80 points while CSEX, the Selective Category Index of port city bourse, went down by 85.14 points.
DSEX, the benchmark index DSE, lost 49.80 points or 0.90 per cent to reach at 5471.85 at 11:54am.
The two other indices also saw negative trend till then. The DSE Shariah Index (DSES) dropped 5.58 point or 0.43 percent to stand at 1266.65. The DS30 index, comprising blue chips fell 18.50 points or 0.90 per cent to stand at 2031.92.
Turnover, the crucial indicator of the market, stands at Tk 1953.56 million on the DSE, riding on LankaBangla Finance and BDCOM Online Ltd.
Of the issues traded till 12 noon, 52 advanced, 208 declined and 33 issues remained unchanged.
LankaBangla Finance dominated the turnover chart with shares worth Tk 298.28 million changing hands till then, closely followed by BDCOM, ISLAMICFIN, BEXMCO and SPCL.