- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
- PM for deeper understanding within South
Inter Milan loses 5-4 at Fiorentina despite Icardi hat trick
Inter Milan lost at Fiorentina 5-4 in one of the most incredible Serie A matches of the season on Saturday and left its European hopes hanging by a thread.
Inter led 2-1 at halftime, Fiorentina led 5-2 after 79 minutes, Inter scored its fourth in stoppage time and watched its equalizer attempt cleared off the goal-line.
Just over a month ago, Inter was hoping to sneak into the Champions League after a 7-1 victory over Atalanta but two points from five matches has seen it slip to seventh, two points behind AC Milan, which occupies the last qualifying position for the Europa League.
Milan hosts Empoli on Sunday.
"We have to understand why what happened happened," Inter coach Stefano Pioli said. "What we saw in the second half can't be my team ... we played for only 45 minutes. Then there was an inexplicable blackout.
"Since the Atalanta match we haven't had the right mental attitude. We are Inter and we can't play like this. We've reached the bottom. ... We can't throw away matches like we did in the second half today. Unfortunately this month we've thrown away everything we built."
Fiorentina, which also missed a penalty, moved to within one point of Inter, which hosts third-placed Napoli next weekend.