- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
- Narail road mishap kills Pran employee
- Global acclaim for Bangladesh’s disaster management programmes
- Khulna BNP’s half-day hartal ends peacefully
- Man killed over land dispute in Gopalganj
- One held with 2.3kg gold in Benapole
- US wishes Muslims peaceful, blessed Ramadan
- Bombs, bomb making substance recovered from Savar militant den
- BNP’s half-day hartal underway in Khulna
- 3 killed in Gaibandha road crash
Ecnec okays construction of Tk 9062.41 cr model mosques
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (Ecnec) on Tuesday approved the construction of 560 model mosque cum Islamic Cultural Centers in each district and upazila involving an estimated cost of Tk 9062.41 crore.
The approval came fromthe Ecnec meeting held at the NEC conference room in the city with Ecnec chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Briefing reporters after the meeting, Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal said that a total of 13 projects were approved today involving an overall estimated cost of Tk 20,402.75 crore.
Of the approved 13 projects, 11 are new while two are revised ones.