- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Ecnec okays construction of Tk 9062.41 cr model mosques
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (Ecnec) on Tuesday approved the construction of 560 model mosque cum Islamic Cultural Centers in each district and upazila involving an estimated cost of Tk 9062.41 crore.
The approval came fromthe Ecnec meeting held at the NEC conference room in the city with Ecnec chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Briefing reporters after the meeting, Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal said that a total of 13 projects were approved today involving an overall estimated cost of Tk 20,402.75 crore.
Of the approved 13 projects, 11 are new while two are revised ones.