- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Ecnec okays construction of Tk 9062.41 cr model mosques
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (Ecnec) on Tuesday approved the construction of 560 model mosque cum Islamic Cultural Centers in each district and upazila involving an estimated cost of Tk 9062.41 crore.
The approval came fromthe Ecnec meeting held at the NEC conference room in the city with Ecnec chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Briefing reporters after the meeting, Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal said that a total of 13 projects were approved today involving an overall estimated cost of Tk 20,402.75 crore.
Of the approved 13 projects, 11 are new while two are revised ones.