- Hasina woos global support at UNGA over Rohingya issue
- US with Bangladesh on Rohingya issue, Trump tells Hasina
- DUTA condemns Rohingya persecution in Myanmar
- Noakhali boat capsize kills 4
- Sunamganj people in trouble for doubling OMS rice price
- PM for protection of human and labour rights
- 6 children return home after languishing in Indian jail
- 5,314 sacks hoarded rice found in Rajshahi
- Conjoined twin dies after birth in Rajshahi
- No Fanush Utsab this year protesting Rohingya persecution
Ecnec okays construction of Tk 9062.41 cr model mosques
The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (Ecnec) on Tuesday approved the construction of 560 model mosque cum Islamic Cultural Centers in each district and upazila involving an estimated cost of Tk 9062.41 crore.
The approval came fromthe Ecnec meeting held at the NEC conference room in the city with Ecnec chairperson and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
Briefing reporters after the meeting, Planning Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal said that a total of 13 projects were approved today involving an overall estimated cost of Tk 20,402.75 crore.
Of the approved 13 projects, 11 are new while two are revised ones.