- Mobile SIM sale to Rohingyas going on defying ban
- 7 get life in prison for murder in Ctg
- EC to sit with women leaders Monday
- Govt urged to create separate lanes for auto rickshaws, tempos
- ‘BGB-BSF set for another round of war games’
- BD urges Turkey to build one lakh more shelters for Rohingyas
- Neo-JMB man arrested from Sherpur
- Myanmar must take back its nationals, Sushma tells Hasina
- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
Students’ agitation halts traffic on Dhaka-M’singh highway
Students of a school blocked Dhaka-Mymensingh highway on Thursday morning demanding removal of their headmaster due to irregularities.
Police said the students of Tongi Ashraf Textile High School took to the streets around 10:30 am and staged demonstrations on the highway demanding removal of their headmaster and reinstatement of four sacked teachers of the school.
The students alleged that the school managing committee sacked four teachers—Abu Harun, Abu Bakar Siddique, Sulal and Majnu—as they had protested the headmaster’s move to take extra fees from the students.
Traffic movement on the busy highway remained suspended for two hours following the incident, causing sufferings to the commuters.
On information, police went to the spot and charged baton to disperse the students, leaving five students injured.