- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
Students’ agitation halts traffic on Dhaka-M’singh highway
Students of a school blocked Dhaka-Mymensingh highway on Thursday morning demanding removal of their headmaster due to irregularities.
Police said the students of Tongi Ashraf Textile High School took to the streets around 10:30 am and staged demonstrations on the highway demanding removal of their headmaster and reinstatement of four sacked teachers of the school.
The students alleged that the school managing committee sacked four teachers—Abu Harun, Abu Bakar Siddique, Sulal and Majnu—as they had protested the headmaster’s move to take extra fees from the students.
Traffic movement on the busy highway remained suspended for two hours following the incident, causing sufferings to the commuters.
On information, police went to the spot and charged baton to disperse the students, leaving five students injured.