- No Hasina-led supportive govt: BNP
- Gold trader chopped dead in Khulna
- Gas crisis in CNG stations temporary: Nasrul
- Nahid for expanding technical education
- Boy tortured on theft charge in Habiganj
- Khaleda to take part in next general polls under Hasina-led govt:
- 4 fishermen kidnapped in Bhola
- Militancy big barrier to development: PM
- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
Students’ agitation halts traffic on Dhaka-M’singh highway
Students of a school blocked Dhaka-Mymensingh highway on Thursday morning demanding removal of their headmaster due to irregularities.
Police said the students of Tongi Ashraf Textile High School took to the streets around 10:30 am and staged demonstrations on the highway demanding removal of their headmaster and reinstatement of four sacked teachers of the school.
The students alleged that the school managing committee sacked four teachers—Abu Harun, Abu Bakar Siddique, Sulal and Majnu—as they had protested the headmaster’s move to take extra fees from the students.
Traffic movement on the busy highway remained suspended for two hours following the incident, causing sufferings to the commuters.
On information, police went to the spot and charged baton to disperse the students, leaving five students injured.