- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
- PM for deeper understanding within South
Vinod Khanna dead, he was 70
Vinod Khanna, the original heartthrob of Hindi films, died this morning. He was reportedly battling with cancer for years.The actor was 70, reports the Indian Express.
In his long Bollywood career, he worked in more than 100 films, and was an active politician, and Member of Parliament from Gurdaspur, Punjab. Vinod is survived by his wife Kavita Khanna, sons Rahul, Akshaye and Sakshi, and daughter Shraddha Khanna. Before marrying Kavita, Vinod Khanna was married to Getanjali but they later got divorced.
Vinod was one of the most sought out films stars in the 1970s and 1980s. Initially he was offered only negative and small roles, but in no time, he started bagging lead roles in many films. He had made his film debut in 1968 with Mann Ka Meet, and later on he went on to becoming a star and his performance in films like Mere Apne, Mera Gaon Mera Desh, Imtihaan, Inkaar, Amar Akbar Anthony, Lahu ke Do Rang, Qurbani, Dayavaan and Jurm were truly appreciated.
Vinod Khanna received the Filmfare award in the best supporting actor category for Haath Ki Safaai, and in 1999 he received the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award, and again in 2007 he won a lifetime achievement award at the Zee Cine Awards.