- Mobile SIM sale to Rohingyas going on defying ban
- 7 get life in prison for murder in Ctg
- EC to sit with women leaders Monday
- Govt urged to create separate lanes for auto rickshaws, tempos
- ‘BGB-BSF set for another round of war games’
- BD urges Turkey to build one lakh more shelters for Rohingyas
- Neo-JMB man arrested from Sherpur
- Myanmar must take back its nationals, Sushma tells Hasina
- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
18 DU BCL men suspended, 1 expelled
Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) has suspended 18 activists of its Dhaka University unit over factional clashes at Sir AF Rahman Hall and Salimullah Muslim Hall.
Another BCL man has been expelled from the organisation on the same charge.
The suspended BCL activists are Masud, Pranta, Sajib, Shuvo, Riad, Rafiqul and Sajib of SM Hall and Rashed, Nahid, Rasel, Faruk, Jamil, Raju Ahmed, Rashed Rajon, Manjur Ahmed Rana, Salauddin Ahmed Saju, Saddam Hossain and Apple Mahmud from AF Rahman Hall.
The expelled activist is Salman, a 2nd year student of Bijoy Ekattar Hall.
BCL central committee took the decision at an emergency meeting on Thursday night, said a press release.
According to the press release, 11 activists of Sir AF Rahman Hall were suspended over the clashes that took place at the dormitory on April 6 and April 23.
Besides, the action was taken against the rest eight over a factional clash of April 20.