- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
- Presidential election on Feb 19: Anisul Huq
18 DU BCL men suspended, 1 expelled
Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) has suspended 18 activists of its Dhaka University unit over factional clashes at Sir AF Rahman Hall and Salimullah Muslim Hall.
Another BCL man has been expelled from the organisation on the same charge.
The suspended BCL activists are Masud, Pranta, Sajib, Shuvo, Riad, Rafiqul and Sajib of SM Hall and Rashed, Nahid, Rasel, Faruk, Jamil, Raju Ahmed, Rashed Rajon, Manjur Ahmed Rana, Salauddin Ahmed Saju, Saddam Hossain and Apple Mahmud from AF Rahman Hall.
The expelled activist is Salman, a 2nd year student of Bijoy Ekattar Hall.
BCL central committee took the decision at an emergency meeting on Thursday night, said a press release.
According to the press release, 11 activists of Sir AF Rahman Hall were suspended over the clashes that took place at the dormitory on April 6 and April 23.
Besides, the action was taken against the rest eight over a factional clash of April 20.