- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
18 DU BCL men suspended, 1 expelled
Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) has suspended 18 activists of its Dhaka University unit over factional clashes at Sir AF Rahman Hall and Salimullah Muslim Hall.
Another BCL man has been expelled from the organisation on the same charge.
The suspended BCL activists are Masud, Pranta, Sajib, Shuvo, Riad, Rafiqul and Sajib of SM Hall and Rashed, Nahid, Rasel, Faruk, Jamil, Raju Ahmed, Rashed Rajon, Manjur Ahmed Rana, Salauddin Ahmed Saju, Saddam Hossain and Apple Mahmud from AF Rahman Hall.
The expelled activist is Salman, a 2nd year student of Bijoy Ekattar Hall.
BCL central committee took the decision at an emergency meeting on Thursday night, said a press release.
According to the press release, 11 activists of Sir AF Rahman Hall were suspended over the clashes that took place at the dormitory on April 6 and April 23.
Besides, the action was taken against the rest eight over a factional clash of April 20.