- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
Rajshahi district BNP gets full-pledged committee
As part of its move to revamp its grassroots units, BNP has approved a full-fledged committee of its Rajshahi district unit.
Tofazzal Hossain Topu and AKM Motiur Rahman Montu have been made president and general secretary of the committee respectively.
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir approved the committee following a directive by party chief Khaleda Zia, said a press release on Friday.
Besides, BNP executive committee member Hadia Chowdhury Munni has been made a member of the newly formed committee of the party’s Sylhet city unit.
A number of committees of BNP’s different units and associate bodies have been announced over the last two weeks.
Party insiders said its chairperson Khaleda Zia directed the party senior leaders to complete the formation of committees of its 75 organisational district units and that of the party’s associate bodies immediately to prepare the party both for the next national election and a movement for forcing the government to accept its demand for installing a polls-time supportive government.