- Voting in 19 UPs, Khetlal municipality begins
- PM performs Umrah
- 2 schoolgirls drown in Chuadanga
- Transport strike called off in Sylhet
- 100 HSC answer scripts found at RU hall
- BD imposes ‘self-ban’ on vegetable export to EU market
- Swadhinata KS clinch 1st Div Football League title
- Trump greeted with selfies and politics on arrival in Israel
- Khaleda sits with party policymakers
- Banani rape: Shafat’s driver Billal makes ‘confession’
Rajshahi district BNP gets full-pledged committee
As part of its move to revamp its grassroots units, BNP has approved a full-fledged committee of its Rajshahi district unit.
Tofazzal Hossain Topu and AKM Motiur Rahman Montu have been made president and general secretary of the committee respectively.
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir approved the committee following a directive by party chief Khaleda Zia, said a press release on Friday.
Besides, BNP executive committee member Hadia Chowdhury Munni has been made a member of the newly formed committee of the party’s Sylhet city unit.
A number of committees of BNP’s different units and associate bodies have been announced over the last two weeks.
Party insiders said its chairperson Khaleda Zia directed the party senior leaders to complete the formation of committees of its 75 organisational district units and that of the party’s associate bodies immediately to prepare the party both for the next national election and a movement for forcing the government to accept its demand for installing a polls-time supportive government.