- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
27 held in Satkhira drives
Police arrested 27 people, including an alleged Jamaat-e-Islami activist, during separate drives conducted at different parts of the district from Friday evening to Saturday morning.
The alleged Jamaat activist was identified as Nazrul Islam, son of Md Ripon, of Betla village in Sadar upazila.
Mizanur Rahman, an inspector at the Special Branch of Satkhira police, said the law enforcers conducted the drives in different areas of the district and arrested nine from Sadar, four from Kolaroa, three from Kaliganj, three from Shyamnagar, two from Ashashuni and two from Patkelghata upazila.
Police also recovered 250 bottles of Phensidyl and 40 pieces of Yaba pills during the drives.
The arrestees are accused in cases like acts of sabotage and drug abuse, Mizan added.