- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
- 2 hurt in Sirajganj clash die
- Restaurant owner killed in Rajshahi road crash
- BNP calls PM’s progress remarks ‘hollow’
- 2 British-Bangladeshi women in London fire victims: Police
- Cops unfold abduction drama of Ctg ex-BCL leader
- 4 go missing in Moinot Ghat, Cox’s Bazar Sea Beach
- Mugger held while fleeing with booty in B’baria
27 held in Satkhira drives
Police arrested 27 people, including an alleged Jamaat-e-Islami activist, during separate drives conducted at different parts of the district from Friday evening to Saturday morning.
The alleged Jamaat activist was identified as Nazrul Islam, son of Md Ripon, of Betla village in Sadar upazila.
Mizanur Rahman, an inspector at the Special Branch of Satkhira police, said the law enforcers conducted the drives in different areas of the district and arrested nine from Sadar, four from Kolaroa, three from Kaliganj, three from Shyamnagar, two from Ashashuni and two from Patkelghata upazila.
Police also recovered 250 bottles of Phensidyl and 40 pieces of Yaba pills during the drives.
The arrestees are accused in cases like acts of sabotage and drug abuse, Mizan added.