- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
- DNCC polls stayed for 6 months: EC
- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
27 held in Satkhira drives
Police arrested 27 people, including an alleged Jamaat-e-Islami activist, during separate drives conducted at different parts of the district from Friday evening to Saturday morning.
The alleged Jamaat activist was identified as Nazrul Islam, son of Md Ripon, of Betla village in Sadar upazila.
Mizanur Rahman, an inspector at the Special Branch of Satkhira police, said the law enforcers conducted the drives in different areas of the district and arrested nine from Sadar, four from Kolaroa, three from Kaliganj, three from Shyamnagar, two from Ashashuni and two from Patkelghata upazila.
Police also recovered 250 bottles of Phensidyl and 40 pieces of Yaba pills during the drives.
The arrestees are accused in cases like acts of sabotage and drug abuse, Mizan added.