- Mobile SIM sale to Rohingyas going on defying ban
- 7 get life in prison for murder in Ctg
- EC to sit with women leaders Monday
- Govt urged to create separate lanes for auto rickshaws, tempos
- ‘BGB-BSF set for another round of war games’
- BD urges Turkey to build one lakh more shelters for Rohingyas
- Neo-JMB man arrested from Sherpur
- Myanmar must take back its nationals, Sushma tells Hasina
- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
27 held in Satkhira drives
Police arrested 27 people, including an alleged Jamaat-e-Islami activist, during separate drives conducted at different parts of the district from Friday evening to Saturday morning.
The alleged Jamaat activist was identified as Nazrul Islam, son of Md Ripon, of Betla village in Sadar upazila.
Mizanur Rahman, an inspector at the Special Branch of Satkhira police, said the law enforcers conducted the drives in different areas of the district and arrested nine from Sadar, four from Kolaroa, three from Kaliganj, three from Shyamnagar, two from Ashashuni and two from Patkelghata upazila.
Police also recovered 250 bottles of Phensidyl and 40 pieces of Yaba pills during the drives.
The arrestees are accused in cases like acts of sabotage and drug abuse, Mizan added.