- Champions Trophy: Tigers face Pakistan in warm-up match Saturday
- Lawmaker among 6 injured in Dinajpur road crash
- Govt on a ‘mission’ to kill BNP leaders, activists: Khaleda
- 25 Jamaat activists detained in city
- Nilkhet book market catches fire
- 2 JU students killed in Savar road crash
- Fire at Sundarbans doused
- Ramadan begins Sunday
- Greek statue removal SC’s decision: Quader
- Himachal Chief Minister lauds BD’s dev spree
Govt wasting time in giving permission for Sramik Dal rally: BNP
BNP on Saturday alleged that the government is dillydallying over giving permission to its associate body Sramik Dal for holding a workers’ rally at Suhrawardy Udyan in the city to mark the May Day.
“Awami League and its alliance partners can hold rallies at Suhrawardy Udyan any time as they wish but the government is dillydallying in giving permission to BNP and its associate bodies to do the same,” said BNP senior joint secretary general Ruhul Kabir Rizvi.
He came up with the remarks while speaking at the party’s Nayapaltan central office.
Mentioning that May Day is a globally important day for protecting and realising workers’ rights, he said Sramik Dal has taken all-out preparations to hold a rally at Suhrawardy Udyan on the occasion.
BNP chief Khaleda Zia will be present at the rally.
Rizvi urged the government to allow Sramik Dal to hold the rally either on May 2 or 3 if it is not possible on May Day.