- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Haor farmers to get free agri inputs for next crop: PM
Issuing a note of warning that no one will be spared if any negligence is found in haor embankment construction, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Sunday said Haor farmers will get free agricultural inputs for the next crop.
“The government is not only providing relief materials to the flood-hit people, it’ll also distribute all necessary agricultural inputs free of cost for their next crop,” she told a civic gathering here.
Sheikh Hasina is now in the district to see for herself the flood-affected areas where Boro crops on over two lakh hectares of land were damaged, causing a colossal loss to the livelihood, fish and livestock of farmers.
The Prime Minister arrived at Shaheed Ali Model High School maidan in Shalla upazila by a helicopter.
About irregularities in embankment construction, Sheikh Hasina said, “If there’s any negligence in embankment construction, we’ll surely take action against them. We’re very much aware of that.”