- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
Haor farmers to get free agri inputs for next crop: PM
Issuing a note of warning that no one will be spared if any negligence is found in haor embankment construction, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Sunday said Haor farmers will get free agricultural inputs for the next crop.
“The government is not only providing relief materials to the flood-hit people, it’ll also distribute all necessary agricultural inputs free of cost for their next crop,” she told a civic gathering here.
Sheikh Hasina is now in the district to see for herself the flood-affected areas where Boro crops on over two lakh hectares of land were damaged, causing a colossal loss to the livelihood, fish and livestock of farmers.
The Prime Minister arrived at Shaheed Ali Model High School maidan in Shalla upazila by a helicopter.
About irregularities in embankment construction, Sheikh Hasina said, “If there’s any negligence in embankment construction, we’ll surely take action against them. We’re very much aware of that.”