- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
- 2 hurt in Sirajganj clash die
- Restaurant owner killed in Rajshahi road crash
- BNP calls PM’s progress remarks ‘hollow’
- 2 British-Bangladeshi women in London fire victims: Police
- Cops unfold abduction drama of Ctg ex-BCL leader
- 4 go missing in Moinot Ghat, Cox’s Bazar Sea Beach
- Mugger held while fleeing with booty in B’baria
Elections to 6 city corporations before parliamentary polls
The Election Commission is preparing to arrange elections to six city corporations -- Rangpur, Rajshahi, Khulna, Sylhet, Barisal and Gazipur— before the 11th parliamentary elections to be held in late December 2018 or early January 2019.
According to the EC’’s plan, the 2nd election to Rangpur City Corporation will be held in December next.
EC officials said the Commission is planning to complete elections to the other five city corporations by August 2018.
The Election Commission has also incorporated its plans to complete elections to six city corporations in its draft roadmap prepared for the arrangement of the next general election.
The maiden election to Rangpur City Corporation was held on December 20, 2012, while the polls to four city corporations –- Rajshahi, Khulna, Barisal and Sylhet -- were held on June 15, 2013 and the maiden polls to Gazipur City Corporation on July 6, 2013.