- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
AL making ‘blueprint’ to cling to power: BNP
BNP on Monday alleged that Awami League is making a blueprint to hang onto power by force to protect the wealth of its leaders and activists amassed illegally.
In his brief address prior to taking out a rally by Sramik Dal from in front of BNP’s Naya Paltan central office its secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir warned that people will foil Awami League’s s all evil designs to perpetuate power.
Referring to AL general secretary Obaidul Quader’s comment that their party men will not be able to escape with the money they earned, the BNP leader said, “ He (Quader) admitted that they amassed wealth illegally. That’s why he told his party colleagues that they will have to cling to power by force.”
Speaking at a meeting of the party in Chittagong’s Panchalish Quader warned the ruling party activists that they won’t be able to flee with the wealth they have made now if their party doesn’t remain in power.
Fakhrul alleged that workers are being repressed and deprived of their rights as the current government has been in power without people’s mandate.
He urged the workers to get united to install a pro-people government and realise their rights.