- Mobile SIM sale to Rohingyas going on defying ban
- 7 get life in prison for murder in Ctg
- EC to sit with women leaders Monday
- Govt urged to create separate lanes for auto rickshaws, tempos
- ‘BGB-BSF set for another round of war games’
- BD urges Turkey to build one lakh more shelters for Rohingyas
- Neo-JMB man arrested from Sherpur
- Myanmar must take back its nationals, Sushma tells Hasina
- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
IU student comes up with intelligent home device
Niyaz Mustakim, a masters’ student of Applied Physics, Electronics and Communication Engineering department of Islamic University in Kushtia has created an ‘Intelligent, smart and versatile home security system’ device to securely maintain matters relating to the home, office, bank and other important places by using a mobile app.
It can control all kinds of electronic devices including fan, air conditioner and personal computers.
Niyaz displayed the device at a press conference held at the university’s press corner recently.
Niyaz made the device using keypad, display, some signal lights, a monitor, spy camera, a digital watch, a passive infrared motion sensor, a fingerprint sensor, space monitor, flame sensor, gas sensor, smoke sensor and sound sensor.
It can open any kind of door and window by through an Android mobile. The owner of the device can see visitors at their door, or intruders, through the spy camera. It can store upto 20 people’s fingerprints who can enter into the home, office or bank account any time through touch.
The device will be very helpful for the bankers. If the robbers try to commit robbery, the device will send a video call over Skype. As a result the user can easily identify the robbers.
Niyaz Mustakim came up with the device after two years’ work which was supervised by the department’s associate professors M Khalid Hossain Jewel and Khalilur Rahman.