- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
IPDC Finance Ltd declares 20pc stock dividend
With an upbeat outlook, IPDC Finance Limited on Tuesday declared a 20 percent stock dividend for the year 2016, which was approved by the shareholders.
The company also declared that the profit went up by 26.2 percent to Tk 303 million and announced its completion of first year since its unveiling of the ambitious strategy paper of five-year during its 35th annual general meeting held at the Trust Milonayaton.
“IPDC has very successfully completed the first year of the five-year strategic plan attaining exponential growth projected. This success gives confidence to our shareholders with a clear vision for the upcoming years evolving around the aspiration to make a positive change in the lives of the general people of the country.” said Dr Muhammad Musa, Chairperson of IPDC Finance Limited.
IPDC’s focus will now be to evolve as a value based financial institution supporting people to create stories through generating employment, promoting low cost housing for every family, empowering women and by reaching beyond mega cities, the company said in a statement.
Amongst others the meeting was also attended by the Board of Directors who represented the majority shareholders, BRAC, Government of Bangladesh, Agha Khan Fund for Economic Development (AKFED), Ayesha Abed Foundation and RSA Capital.
Mominul Islam, Managing Director and CEO, Samiul Hashim, Company Secretary and other senior officials of the Management Committee of the company were also present.