- Hasina woos global support at UNGA over Rohingya issue
- US with Bangladesh on Rohingya issue, Trump tells Hasina
- DUTA condemns Rohingya persecution in Myanmar
- Noakhali boat capsize kills 4
- Sunamganj people in trouble for doubling OMS rice price
- PM for protection of human and labour rights
- 6 children return home after languishing in Indian jail
- 5,314 sacks hoarded rice found in Rajshahi
- Conjoined twin dies after birth in Rajshahi
- No Fanush Utsab this year protesting Rohingya persecution
BNP to join polls under neutral govt: Khaleda
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia on Tuesday night said her party will join the next election under a neutral government, not under the Sheikh Hasina-led one.
“We have long been saying the election won’t be fair under them (current government). We have also said we would surely take part in the election but it has to be held under a neutral government,” she said.
The BNP chief further said, “We’ve seen many elections under you (Hasina) and those were not fair. No election will be fair under you in the future, too.”
She came up with the remarks when leaders and activists of Jatiyatabadi Sramik Dal met her at her Gulshan office marking its 38th founding anniversary.
Khaleda alleged that the ruling party men have got desperate to cling onto power by resorting to repressive acts.
She said the government is also using law enforcers to oppress BNP leaders and activists to hang onto power.
The BNP chairperson asked the Sramik Dal leaders to reorganise their organisation to make it ready for joining the movement for ‘restoration’ of democracy.