- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
PM promises to eliminate militancy, terrorism
Renewing her government’s ‘zero tolerance’ stance against militancy and terrorism, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday said these menaces will be eliminated from the country at any cost.
“We’ll root out militancy and terrorism from Bangladesh to ensure peace and security in public life,” she said.
The Prime Minister said this during a videoconference at her official residence Ganobhaban with the officials of local administrations, public representatives and people from all walks of life of 13 districts under Dhaka division.
The videoconference was arranged aiming to bolster her government’s stance against terrorism and militancy, and highlight its various development initiatives.
The PM's videoconference reached out to some 19.82 lakh people of 1000 union as it connected 6116 points of 13 districts.
Sheikh Hasina said militancy and terrorism now have emerged as a global problem, not only a problem for Bangladesh.