- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
Sakku seeks dismissal of arrest warrant
Comilla City Corporation (CCC) Mayor Monirul Haque Sakku on Wednesday filed a petition with the High Court (HC) seeking the court’s order to dismiss the arrest warrant and the case filed against him by the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC).
Sakku’s lawyer Mahabub Uddin Khokan filed the petition on behalf of the embattled mayor.
On April 17, a Dhaka court issued an arrest warrant against Sakku in a graft case filed by ACC.
The court also ordered confiscation of his properties in cognisance of the chargesheet.
Earlier on May 7, 2008, Shahin Ara Mamtaz, assistant director of ACC, filed a case against Sakku and his wife Afroza Jesmin for concealing information relating to wealth worth TK 12.50 crore, and amassing wealth amounting to Tk 4.57 crore illegally.