- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Sakku seeks dismissal of arrest warrant
Comilla City Corporation (CCC) Mayor Monirul Haque Sakku on Wednesday filed a petition with the High Court (HC) seeking the court’s order to dismiss the arrest warrant and the case filed against him by the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC).
Sakku’s lawyer Mahabub Uddin Khokan filed the petition on behalf of the embattled mayor.
On April 17, a Dhaka court issued an arrest warrant against Sakku in a graft case filed by ACC.
The court also ordered confiscation of his properties in cognisance of the chargesheet.
Earlier on May 7, 2008, Shahin Ara Mamtaz, assistant director of ACC, filed a case against Sakku and his wife Afroza Jesmin for concealing information relating to wealth worth TK 12.50 crore, and amassing wealth amounting to Tk 4.57 crore illegally.