- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Sakku seeks dismissal of arrest warrant
Comilla City Corporation (CCC) Mayor Monirul Haque Sakku on Wednesday filed a petition with the High Court (HC) seeking the court’s order to dismiss the arrest warrant and the case filed against him by the Anti Corruption Commission (ACC).
Sakku’s lawyer Mahabub Uddin Khokan filed the petition on behalf of the embattled mayor.
On April 17, a Dhaka court issued an arrest warrant against Sakku in a graft case filed by ACC.
The court also ordered confiscation of his properties in cognisance of the chargesheet.
Earlier on May 7, 2008, Shahin Ara Mamtaz, assistant director of ACC, filed a case against Sakku and his wife Afroza Jesmin for concealing information relating to wealth worth TK 12.50 crore, and amassing wealth amounting to Tk 4.57 crore illegally.