- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
Khaleda demands discipline from BNP voluntary wing
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia on Wednesday night asked the leaders and activists of her party’s voluntary wing, Swechhasebak Dal, to work with courage and discipline to restore democracy in the country.
“You must work with sincerity, courage and discipline to restore democracy in the country,” she said.
The BNP chief came up with the remark while the leaders of recently formed Jaityatabadi Swechhasebak Dal Dhaka North and South unit committees met her at her Gulshan office.
The Swechhasebak Dal leaders greeted Khaleda by presenting a baquet.
Swechhasebak Dal president Shafiul Bari Babu, general secretary Abdul Quader Bhuiyan Jewel, Dhaka South unit BNP president Habib-un-Nabi Khan Sohel and BNP publicity secretary Shahid Uddin Chowdury Anne were, among others, present at the programme.