- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Khaleda demands discipline from BNP voluntary wing
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia on Wednesday night asked the leaders and activists of her party’s voluntary wing, Swechhasebak Dal, to work with courage and discipline to restore democracy in the country.
“You must work with sincerity, courage and discipline to restore democracy in the country,” she said.
The BNP chief came up with the remark while the leaders of recently formed Jaityatabadi Swechhasebak Dal Dhaka North and South unit committees met her at her Gulshan office.
The Swechhasebak Dal leaders greeted Khaleda by presenting a baquet.
Swechhasebak Dal president Shafiul Bari Babu, general secretary Abdul Quader Bhuiyan Jewel, Dhaka South unit BNP president Habib-un-Nabi Khan Sohel and BNP publicity secretary Shahid Uddin Chowdury Anne were, among others, present at the programme.