- Champions Trophy: Tigers face Pakistan in warm-up match Saturday
- Lawmaker among 6 injured in Dinajpur road crash
- Govt on a ‘mission’ to kill BNP leaders, activists: Khaleda
- 25 Jamaat activists detained in city
- Nilkhet book market catches fire
- 2 JU students killed in Savar road crash
- Fire at Sundarbans doused
- Ramadan begins Sunday
- Greek statue removal SC’s decision: Quader
- Himachal Chief Minister lauds BD’s dev spree
Khaleda demands discipline from BNP voluntary wing
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia on Wednesday night asked the leaders and activists of her party’s voluntary wing, Swechhasebak Dal, to work with courage and discipline to restore democracy in the country.
“You must work with sincerity, courage and discipline to restore democracy in the country,” she said.
The BNP chief came up with the remark while the leaders of recently formed Jaityatabadi Swechhasebak Dal Dhaka North and South unit committees met her at her Gulshan office.
The Swechhasebak Dal leaders greeted Khaleda by presenting a baquet.
Swechhasebak Dal president Shafiul Bari Babu, general secretary Abdul Quader Bhuiyan Jewel, Dhaka South unit BNP president Habib-un-Nabi Khan Sohel and BNP publicity secretary Shahid Uddin Chowdury Anne were, among others, present at the programme.