- Mobile SIM sale to Rohingyas going on defying ban
- 7 get life in prison for murder in Ctg
- EC to sit with women leaders Monday
- Govt urged to create separate lanes for auto rickshaws, tempos
- ‘BGB-BSF set for another round of war games’
- BD urges Turkey to build one lakh more shelters for Rohingyas
- Neo-JMB man arrested from Sherpur
- Myanmar must take back its nationals, Sushma tells Hasina
- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
Mother outshines son passing SSC exam in Natore
A mother and son duo who sat their Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examination together this year from separate schools at Bagatipara upazila have received their results now, showing both to have passed.
Mother Moli Rani Kundu, 37, a candidate from Bagatipara Girls’ High School, did however maintain some sense of precedence in the family obtaining a GPA of 4.53, that slightly but surely bettered her 16-year-old son Mrinmoy Kundu’s 4.43, having sat from Bagatipara Model Pilot School.
Expressing happiness over securing better GPA than her son, Moli said she used to challenge Mrinmoy. She also wished to continue her academic life.
Hers was certainly the more eye-catching achievement. Having married young, Moli had abandoned her studies after Class 9. But when her son’s time to sit for his SSC came up, she decided to enroll to sit for her exams as well through her old school.
Mrinmoy also expressed his cheerfulness as he and his mother passed the public exam together. The young boy was nonplussed by his mother outscoring him.
Moli Rani’s husband, Debabrata Kundu, expressed his jubilation saying he will remember this day his whole life.
Moli has proved that she is an industrious and resourceful woman, he added. It is probably best he is a sweetmeat shop owner at Galimpur village in the upazila, on a day such as this.
Local lawmaker Abul Kalam Azad praised Moli Rani’s achievement and encouraged her to press ahead with further studies.