- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
Quader ridicules BNP’s democracy talk
Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader on Friday said BNP’s talking about democracy is the best joke of the year.
“They (BNP) started the ‘democracy of killing’ through burning people to death with petrol bombs in the name of restoring democracy,” Quader said while addressing a workshop on raising awareness among professional bus drivers at Iquria BRTA office in Dakkhin Keraniganj.
Quader, also Road Transport and Bridges Minister, said the participation of delegations from some 132 countries in the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) Assembly held in Dhaka recently proves that Bangladesh is a democratic country.
Quader also said blaming the government for graft does not suit BNP as it is the champion of corruption. “Awami League didn’t flee the country for corruption. Everyone knows who fled the country indulging in corruption,” he said.
The minister urged the drivers to check their vehicles before taking those to streets to ward off any untoward incident.