- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Quader ridicules BNP’s democracy talk
Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader on Friday said BNP’s talking about democracy is the best joke of the year.
“They (BNP) started the ‘democracy of killing’ through burning people to death with petrol bombs in the name of restoring democracy,” Quader said while addressing a workshop on raising awareness among professional bus drivers at Iquria BRTA office in Dakkhin Keraniganj.
Quader, also Road Transport and Bridges Minister, said the participation of delegations from some 132 countries in the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) Assembly held in Dhaka recently proves that Bangladesh is a democratic country.
Quader also said blaming the government for graft does not suit BNP as it is the champion of corruption. “Awami League didn’t flee the country for corruption. Everyone knows who fled the country indulging in corruption,” he said.
The minister urged the drivers to check their vehicles before taking those to streets to ward off any untoward incident.