- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
Quader ridicules BNP’s democracy talk
Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader on Friday said BNP’s talking about democracy is the best joke of the year.
“They (BNP) started the ‘democracy of killing’ through burning people to death with petrol bombs in the name of restoring democracy,” Quader said while addressing a workshop on raising awareness among professional bus drivers at Iquria BRTA office in Dakkhin Keraniganj.
Quader, also Road Transport and Bridges Minister, said the participation of delegations from some 132 countries in the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) Assembly held in Dhaka recently proves that Bangladesh is a democratic country.
Quader also said blaming the government for graft does not suit BNP as it is the champion of corruption. “Awami League didn’t flee the country for corruption. Everyone knows who fled the country indulging in corruption,” he said.
The minister urged the drivers to check their vehicles before taking those to streets to ward off any untoward incident.