- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Cooperation in space exploration to benefit all S Asian countries: PM
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Friday expressed her belief that any cooperation in space exploration will definitely take the South Asian countries to the ambitious technological enhancement for the benefit of the region.
"I’m sure that any cooperation in space will definitely lead us to the ambitious technological enhancement for the benefit of the region," she said.
The Prime Minister made the statement joining a videoconference with the heads of the government of seven South Asian countries after the successful launching of the South Asia Satellite from the Second Launch Pad (SLP) at Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota of Andhra Pradesh in India.
Sheikh Hasina said she is confident that the launching of this Satellite will change the face of South Asia. "With this, we’ve expanded our connectivity from land, water and air to space."
She also hoped that the South Asia Satellite will open up a new horizon of cooperation in this particular area in the coming days.
Hasina mentioned that she strongly believes the betterment of the people of South Asian region depends on fruitful engagement in various fields of cooperation between the countries of this region.