- Champions Trophy: Tigers face Pakistan in warm-up match Saturday
- Lawmaker among 6 injured in Dinajpur road crash
- Govt on a ‘mission’ to kill BNP leaders, activists: Khaleda
- 25 Jamaat activists detained in city
- Nilkhet book market catches fire
- 2 JU students killed in Savar road crash
- Fire at Sundarbans doused
- Ramadan begins Sunday
- Greek statue removal SC’s decision: Quader
- Himachal Chief Minister lauds BD’s dev spree
Cooperation in space exploration to benefit all S Asian countries: PM
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Friday expressed her belief that any cooperation in space exploration will definitely take the South Asian countries to the ambitious technological enhancement for the benefit of the region.
"I’m sure that any cooperation in space will definitely lead us to the ambitious technological enhancement for the benefit of the region," she said.
The Prime Minister made the statement joining a videoconference with the heads of the government of seven South Asian countries after the successful launching of the South Asia Satellite from the Second Launch Pad (SLP) at Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota of Andhra Pradesh in India.
Sheikh Hasina said she is confident that the launching of this Satellite will change the face of South Asia. "With this, we’ve expanded our connectivity from land, water and air to space."
She also hoped that the South Asia Satellite will open up a new horizon of cooperation in this particular area in the coming days.
Hasina mentioned that she strongly believes the betterment of the people of South Asian region depends on fruitful engagement in various fields of cooperation between the countries of this region.