- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
235 BNP men sued in Jhenidah for vandalism
A case was filed against 235 leaders and activists of BNP for vandalising the municipality community centre during factional clash on May 3.
Asaduzzaman, an official of the municipality office, filed the case against 35 identified and 200 unidentified BNP men with Sadar Police Station on Thursday night.
President of District unit BNP Mashiur Rahman was among the accused.
Earlier, on May 3, a number of BNP men were injured in a clash between two factions of the party during a meeting of District unit BNP at the municipality community centre.
Valuables, including windowpanes, glasses, furniture and the main gate of the community centre, were ransacked by the BNP men during the clash.
However, police arrested nine people in connection with the incident.