- Hasina woos global support at UNGA over Rohingya issue
- US with Bangladesh on Rohingya issue, Trump tells Hasina
- DUTA condemns Rohingya persecution in Myanmar
- Noakhali boat capsize kills 4
- Sunamganj people in trouble for doubling OMS rice price
- PM for protection of human and labour rights
- 6 children return home after languishing in Indian jail
- 5,314 sacks hoarded rice found in Rajshahi
- Conjoined twin dies after birth in Rajshahi
- No Fanush Utsab this year protesting Rohingya persecution
235 BNP men sued in Jhenidah for vandalism
A case was filed against 235 leaders and activists of BNP for vandalising the municipality community centre during factional clash on May 3.
Asaduzzaman, an official of the municipality office, filed the case against 35 identified and 200 unidentified BNP men with Sadar Police Station on Thursday night.
President of District unit BNP Mashiur Rahman was among the accused.
Earlier, on May 3, a number of BNP men were injured in a clash between two factions of the party during a meeting of District unit BNP at the municipality community centre.
Valuables, including windowpanes, glasses, furniture and the main gate of the community centre, were ransacked by the BNP men during the clash.
However, police arrested nine people in connection with the incident.