- PM’s Austria tour: Combating terrorism high on agenda
- AL sinking into quicksand, says BNP
- 50 DU students get FSIB scholarship
- IBBL to host iftar items to 10 million fasting pedestrians
- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
235 BNP men sued in Jhenidah for vandalism
A case was filed against 235 leaders and activists of BNP for vandalising the municipality community centre during factional clash on May 3.
Asaduzzaman, an official of the municipality office, filed the case against 35 identified and 200 unidentified BNP men with Sadar Police Station on Thursday night.
President of District unit BNP Mashiur Rahman was among the accused.
Earlier, on May 3, a number of BNP men were injured in a clash between two factions of the party during a meeting of District unit BNP at the municipality community centre.
Valuables, including windowpanes, glasses, furniture and the main gate of the community centre, were ransacked by the BNP men during the clash.
However, police arrested nine people in connection with the incident.