- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
235 BNP men sued in Jhenidah for vandalism
A case was filed against 235 leaders and activists of BNP for vandalising the municipality community centre during factional clash on May 3.
Asaduzzaman, an official of the municipality office, filed the case against 35 identified and 200 unidentified BNP men with Sadar Police Station on Thursday night.
President of District unit BNP Mashiur Rahman was among the accused.
Earlier, on May 3, a number of BNP men were injured in a clash between two factions of the party during a meeting of District unit BNP at the municipality community centre.
Valuables, including windowpanes, glasses, furniture and the main gate of the community centre, were ransacked by the BNP men during the clash.
However, police arrested nine people in connection with the incident.