- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
- 2 hurt in Sirajganj clash die
- Restaurant owner killed in Rajshahi road crash
- BNP calls PM’s progress remarks ‘hollow’
- 2 British-Bangladeshi women in London fire victims: Police
- Cops unfold abduction drama of Ctg ex-BCL leader
- 4 go missing in Moinot Ghat, Cox’s Bazar Sea Beach
- Mugger held while fleeing with booty in B’baria
PM goes to Cox’s Bazar Saturday
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will go to Cox's Bazar on Saturday to inaugurate and lay the foundation stones of 17 development projects.
She is expected to reach Cox's Bazar around 09:40 am and will inaugurate the movement of spacious aircraft Boeing 737-800 on the extended runway of Cox's Bazar International Airport.
Then, Sheikh Hasina will go to Inani beach area where she will open the Cox's Bazar-Teknaf Marine Drive to traffic.
The Bangladesh Army under the supervision of the Roads and Highways Department constructed the 80-km marine drive for protecting the Cox’s Bazar seashore.
The project involving Tk 456 crore was implemented in three phases. A 24km road between Kalatoli to Inani was built in the first phase and then another 24km from Shilkhali to Teknaf upazila headquarters and lastly 32km road from Shilkhali to Sabrang in Teknaf, said Rana Priyo Barua, executive engineer of the Roads and Highways Department (RHD) in Cox's Bazar.