- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
PM goes to Cox’s Bazar Saturday
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will go to Cox's Bazar on Saturday to inaugurate and lay the foundation stones of 17 development projects.
She is expected to reach Cox's Bazar around 09:40 am and will inaugurate the movement of spacious aircraft Boeing 737-800 on the extended runway of Cox's Bazar International Airport.
Then, Sheikh Hasina will go to Inani beach area where she will open the Cox's Bazar-Teknaf Marine Drive to traffic.
The Bangladesh Army under the supervision of the Roads and Highways Department constructed the 80-km marine drive for protecting the Cox’s Bazar seashore.
The project involving Tk 456 crore was implemented in three phases. A 24km road between Kalatoli to Inani was built in the first phase and then another 24km from Shilkhali to Teknaf upazila headquarters and lastly 32km road from Shilkhali to Sabrang in Teknaf, said Rana Priyo Barua, executive engineer of the Roads and Highways Department (RHD) in Cox's Bazar.