- Mobile SIM sale to Rohingyas going on defying ban
- 7 get life in prison for murder in Ctg
- EC to sit with women leaders Monday
- Govt urged to create separate lanes for auto rickshaws, tempos
- ‘BGB-BSF set for another round of war games’
- BD urges Turkey to build one lakh more shelters for Rohingyas
- Neo-JMB man arrested from Sherpur
- Myanmar must take back its nationals, Sushma tells Hasina
- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
PM goes to Cox’s Bazar Saturday
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will go to Cox's Bazar on Saturday to inaugurate and lay the foundation stones of 17 development projects.
She is expected to reach Cox's Bazar around 09:40 am and will inaugurate the movement of spacious aircraft Boeing 737-800 on the extended runway of Cox's Bazar International Airport.
Then, Sheikh Hasina will go to Inani beach area where she will open the Cox's Bazar-Teknaf Marine Drive to traffic.
The Bangladesh Army under the supervision of the Roads and Highways Department constructed the 80-km marine drive for protecting the Cox’s Bazar seashore.
The project involving Tk 456 crore was implemented in three phases. A 24km road between Kalatoli to Inani was built in the first phase and then another 24km from Shilkhali to Teknaf upazila headquarters and lastly 32km road from Shilkhali to Sabrang in Teknaf, said Rana Priyo Barua, executive engineer of the Roads and Highways Department (RHD) in Cox's Bazar.