- DNCC polls stayed for 6 months: EC
- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
PM goes to Cox’s Bazar Saturday
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will go to Cox's Bazar on Saturday to inaugurate and lay the foundation stones of 17 development projects.
She is expected to reach Cox's Bazar around 09:40 am and will inaugurate the movement of spacious aircraft Boeing 737-800 on the extended runway of Cox's Bazar International Airport.
Then, Sheikh Hasina will go to Inani beach area where she will open the Cox's Bazar-Teknaf Marine Drive to traffic.
The Bangladesh Army under the supervision of the Roads and Highways Department constructed the 80-km marine drive for protecting the Cox’s Bazar seashore.
The project involving Tk 456 crore was implemented in three phases. A 24km road between Kalatoli to Inani was built in the first phase and then another 24km from Shilkhali to Teknaf upazila headquarters and lastly 32km road from Shilkhali to Sabrang in Teknaf, said Rana Priyo Barua, executive engineer of the Roads and Highways Department (RHD) in Cox's Bazar.