- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
Marine driveway to unlock Cox’s Bazar’s potentials: PM
Cox's Bazar, BdChronicle:
Inaugurating an aesthetic 80-km marine driveway here, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Saturday said it will unlock the potentials of the region enabling people to uplift their socioeconomic status and enjoy the natural beauty.
"People will have the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the nature alongside improving their socioeconomic condition," she said.
The Prime Minister said this after formally inaugurating the marine driveway from Cox's Bazar to Teknaf. She inaugurated it unveiling the plaque at Inani point.
Bangladesh Army constructed the marine driveway under the supervision of Roads and Highways Department for protecting the Cox’s Bazar seashore and facilitating an easy viewing of the beauty of the Bay of Bengal.
Sheikh Hasina said new potentials of tourism have opened up here with the inauguration of the driveway.