- Mobile SIM sale to Rohingyas going on defying ban
- 7 get life in prison for murder in Ctg
- EC to sit with women leaders Monday
- Govt urged to create separate lanes for auto rickshaws, tempos
- ‘BGB-BSF set for another round of war games’
- BD urges Turkey to build one lakh more shelters for Rohingyas
- Neo-JMB man arrested from Sherpur
- Myanmar must take back its nationals, Sushma tells Hasina
- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
Marine driveway to unlock Cox’s Bazar’s potentials: PM
Cox's Bazar, BdChronicle:
Inaugurating an aesthetic 80-km marine driveway here, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Saturday said it will unlock the potentials of the region enabling people to uplift their socioeconomic status and enjoy the natural beauty.
"People will have the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the nature alongside improving their socioeconomic condition," she said.
The Prime Minister said this after formally inaugurating the marine driveway from Cox's Bazar to Teknaf. She inaugurated it unveiling the plaque at Inani point.
Bangladesh Army constructed the marine driveway under the supervision of Roads and Highways Department for protecting the Cox’s Bazar seashore and facilitating an easy viewing of the beauty of the Bay of Bengal.
Sheikh Hasina said new potentials of tourism have opened up here with the inauguration of the driveway.