- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
- 2 hurt in Sirajganj clash die
- Restaurant owner killed in Rajshahi road crash
- BNP calls PM’s progress remarks ‘hollow’
- 2 British-Bangladeshi women in London fire victims: Police
- Cops unfold abduction drama of Ctg ex-BCL leader
- 4 go missing in Moinot Ghat, Cox’s Bazar Sea Beach
- Mugger held while fleeing with booty in B’baria
Marine driveway to unlock Cox’s Bazar’s potentials: PM
Cox's Bazar, BdChronicle:
Inaugurating an aesthetic 80-km marine driveway here, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Saturday said it will unlock the potentials of the region enabling people to uplift their socioeconomic status and enjoy the natural beauty.
"People will have the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the nature alongside improving their socioeconomic condition," she said.
The Prime Minister said this after formally inaugurating the marine driveway from Cox's Bazar to Teknaf. She inaugurated it unveiling the plaque at Inani point.
Bangladesh Army constructed the marine driveway under the supervision of Roads and Highways Department for protecting the Cox’s Bazar seashore and facilitating an easy viewing of the beauty of the Bay of Bengal.
Sheikh Hasina said new potentials of tourism have opened up here with the inauguration of the driveway.