- Voting in 19 UPs, Khetlal municipality begins
- PM performs Umrah
- 2 schoolgirls drown in Chuadanga
- Transport strike called off in Sylhet
- 100 HSC answer scripts found at RU hall
- BD imposes ‘self-ban’ on vegetable export to EU market
- Swadhinata KS clinch 1st Div Football League title
- Trump greeted with selfies and politics on arrival in Israel
- Khaleda sits with party policymakers
- Banani rape: Shafat’s driver Billal makes ‘confession’
Marine driveway to unlock Cox’s Bazar’s potentials: PM
Cox's Bazar, BdChronicle:
Inaugurating an aesthetic 80-km marine driveway here, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Saturday said it will unlock the potentials of the region enabling people to uplift their socioeconomic status and enjoy the natural beauty.
"People will have the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the nature alongside improving their socioeconomic condition," she said.
The Prime Minister said this after formally inaugurating the marine driveway from Cox's Bazar to Teknaf. She inaugurated it unveiling the plaque at Inani point.
Bangladesh Army constructed the marine driveway under the supervision of Roads and Highways Department for protecting the Cox’s Bazar seashore and facilitating an easy viewing of the beauty of the Bay of Bengal.
Sheikh Hasina said new potentials of tourism have opened up here with the inauguration of the driveway.