- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
- DNCC polls stayed for 6 months: EC
- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
Marine driveway to unlock Cox’s Bazar’s potentials: PM
Cox's Bazar, BdChronicle:
Inaugurating an aesthetic 80-km marine driveway here, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Saturday said it will unlock the potentials of the region enabling people to uplift their socioeconomic status and enjoy the natural beauty.
"People will have the opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the nature alongside improving their socioeconomic condition," she said.
The Prime Minister said this after formally inaugurating the marine driveway from Cox's Bazar to Teknaf. She inaugurated it unveiling the plaque at Inani point.
Bangladesh Army constructed the marine driveway under the supervision of Roads and Highways Department for protecting the Cox’s Bazar seashore and facilitating an easy viewing of the beauty of the Bay of Bengal.
Sheikh Hasina said new potentials of tourism have opened up here with the inauguration of the driveway.