- Hasina woos global support at UNGA over Rohingya issue
- US with Bangladesh on Rohingya issue, Trump tells Hasina
- DUTA condemns Rohingya persecution in Myanmar
- Noakhali boat capsize kills 4
- Sunamganj people in trouble for doubling OMS rice price
- PM for protection of human and labour rights
- 6 children return home after languishing in Indian jail
- 5,314 sacks hoarded rice found in Rajshahi
- Conjoined twin dies after birth in Rajshahi
- No Fanush Utsab this year protesting Rohingya persecution
PM opens Boeing 737-800 at Cox's Bazar Airport
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the operation of Boeing 737-800, a spacious aircraft, on the extended runway of Cox's Bazar International Airport on Saturday morning.
Sheikh Hasina flew to Cox's Bazar by the same aircraft, which took off from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport around 9:20am and landed at Cox’s Bazar airport at 9:50am.
The Prime Minister is scheduled to lay down the foundation stones of 17 development projects in the beach town later in the day.
The Bangladesh Army, under the supervision of the Roads and Highways Department, constructed the 80-km marine drive for protecting the Cox’s Bazar seashore.
In the afternoon, the Prime Minister will inaugurate six development projects unveiling their plaques from Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium there.
From the same venue, she will lay the foundation stones of 595-metre PC box-girder bridge at Khuruschool Ghat on the Bakkhali River under
Cox's Bazar Sadar upazila, Cox's Bazar Medical College Hospital, Cox's Bazar IT Park, Moheshkhali Floating LNG Terminal of Energy Bangladesh Ltd at Exilat, the second floating LNG Terminal of Summit LNG Terminal Company at Moheshkhali, installation of Single Point Mooring (SPM) Project in Moheshkhali, the Naf Tourism Project, the academic building of Kutubdia College and the office building of Cox's Bazar Development Authority.
Later, she will address a public rally to be organised by district Awami League at Sheikh Kamal International Cricket Stadium.