- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
AL leader attacked in Kurigram
A local leader of ruling Awami League, Ulipur upazila unit, was reportedly attacked by some unidentified miscreants near zila parishad office on Friday.
President of AL Ulipur upazila unit Moti Sheuli alleged that some miscreants attacked her car with stones and sticks when she was returning back after concluding a meeting of district Awami League at zila parishad office in the afternoon.
“They also used abusive and vulgar words,” she said.
She suspected that some local leaders of AL might have involved with the attack as they had threatened her during the meeting, Moti Sheuli alleged.
Officer-in-charge of Sadar Police Station SM Abdus Sobhan confirmed the matter and said that the situation was under control.
No case was filed over the attack, he added.