- Students' demo demands revision of quota system in govt jobs
- BNP begins signature collection from mass people
- 4th free clinic in west Darfur by BD peacekeepers
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake slams south, central Mexico
- US, Turkey return from brink, aim to 'normalize' ties
- Govt creating ‘smokescreen’ over verdict copy: BNP
- No bar for BNP to take part in polls: Inu
- The dark underbelly to our enduring romance with otithee pakhi
- Networking conference on journalism held at RU
- Cop sustains bullet injuries in Ctg
AL leader attacked in Kurigram
A local leader of ruling Awami League, Ulipur upazila unit, was reportedly attacked by some unidentified miscreants near zila parishad office on Friday.
President of AL Ulipur upazila unit Moti Sheuli alleged that some miscreants attacked her car with stones and sticks when she was returning back after concluding a meeting of district Awami League at zila parishad office in the afternoon.
“They also used abusive and vulgar words,” she said.
She suspected that some local leaders of AL might have involved with the attack as they had threatened her during the meeting, Moti Sheuli alleged.
Officer-in-charge of Sadar Police Station SM Abdus Sobhan confirmed the matter and said that the situation was under control.
No case was filed over the attack, he added.