- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
BSJC Football begins Sunday
The Marcel-BSJC Media Cup Football Tournament began on Sunday at Shaheed Capt (Retd) M Monsur Ali National Handball Stadium here with six matches deciding on the opening day.
Managing Director of Saif Power Tec Limited Tarafder Ruhul Amin inaugurated the meet this morning as chief guest.
On the opening day (Sunday), The Daily Star beat Bonik Bartha 1-0, Bangladesh Television defeated Kaler Kantho 1-0, Dhaka Tribune outplayed ATN Bangla 4-0, Jagonews24.com beat Maasranga TV 3-0 and Jamuna TV crushed the New Nation 4-0.
The day’s other match between Naya Diganta and Rtv ended in a goalless draw.
A total of 24 media houses, split into eight groups, are taking part in the meet on robin league basis.