- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
BSJC Football begins Sunday
The Marcel-BSJC Media Cup Football Tournament began on Sunday at Shaheed Capt (Retd) M Monsur Ali National Handball Stadium here with six matches deciding on the opening day.
Managing Director of Saif Power Tec Limited Tarafder Ruhul Amin inaugurated the meet this morning as chief guest.
On the opening day (Sunday), The Daily Star beat Bonik Bartha 1-0, Bangladesh Television defeated Kaler Kantho 1-0, Dhaka Tribune outplayed ATN Bangla 4-0, Jagonews24.com beat Maasranga TV 3-0 and Jamuna TV crushed the New Nation 4-0.
The day’s other match between Naya Diganta and Rtv ended in a goalless draw.
A total of 24 media houses, split into eight groups, are taking part in the meet on robin league basis.