- Hasina woos global support at UNGA over Rohingya issue
- US with Bangladesh on Rohingya issue, Trump tells Hasina
- DUTA condemns Rohingya persecution in Myanmar
- Noakhali boat capsize kills 4
- Sunamganj people in trouble for doubling OMS rice price
- PM for protection of human and labour rights
- 6 children return home after languishing in Indian jail
- 5,314 sacks hoarded rice found in Rajshahi
- Conjoined twin dies after birth in Rajshahi
- No Fanush Utsab this year protesting Rohingya persecution
Jubo League leader chopped dead in Chittagong
A leader of union parishad unit Jubo League, a front organization of ruling Awami League, was chopped to death by unidentified miscreants in Zorarganj Thana of the port city early Monday.
Golam Mostafa, vice-president of Korerhat union unit Jubo League, also a poultry farm businessman, was chopped to death while he was returning home some time between 1.30 to 3 am, said Zorarganj Thana officer-in-charge Jahidul Kabir.
The motive of the murder is unclear. Police, however, will investigate the matter, OC said.
Police recovered the body early Monday and sent it to Chittagong Medical College Hospital morgue for autopsy, he added.