- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Jubo League leader chopped dead in Chittagong
A leader of union parishad unit Jubo League, a front organization of ruling Awami League, was chopped to death by unidentified miscreants in Zorarganj Thana of the port city early Monday.
Golam Mostafa, vice-president of Korerhat union unit Jubo League, also a poultry farm businessman, was chopped to death while he was returning home some time between 1.30 to 3 am, said Zorarganj Thana officer-in-charge Jahidul Kabir.
The motive of the murder is unclear. Police, however, will investigate the matter, OC said.
Police recovered the body early Monday and sent it to Chittagong Medical College Hospital morgue for autopsy, he added.