- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Jubo League leader chopped dead in Chittagong
A leader of union parishad unit Jubo League, a front organization of ruling Awami League, was chopped to death by unidentified miscreants in Zorarganj Thana of the port city early Monday.
Golam Mostafa, vice-president of Korerhat union unit Jubo League, also a poultry farm businessman, was chopped to death while he was returning home some time between 1.30 to 3 am, said Zorarganj Thana officer-in-charge Jahidul Kabir.
The motive of the murder is unclear. Police, however, will investigate the matter, OC said.
Police recovered the body early Monday and sent it to Chittagong Medical College Hospital morgue for autopsy, he added.