- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
- Narail road mishap kills Pran employee
- Global acclaim for Bangladesh’s disaster management programmes
- Khulna BNP’s half-day hartal ends peacefully
- Man killed over land dispute in Gopalganj
- One held with 2.3kg gold in Benapole
- US wishes Muslims peaceful, blessed Ramadan
- Bombs, bomb making substance recovered from Savar militant den
- BNP’s half-day hartal underway in Khulna
- 3 killed in Gaibandha road crash
Saudi King invites PM to attend summit in Riyadh
Saudi King and Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud has invited Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to attend the Arabic Islamic American Historical Summit in Saudi Arabia.
The summit will be held in the Saudi capital of Riyadh on May 21.
The visiting Saudi Minister for Culture and Information Dr Awad Bin-Saleh Al-Awad handed over the invitation letter to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at her official residence Ganobhaban on Tuesday.
After the meeting, PM's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim briefed reporters.
Ihsanul said US President Donald Trump and other heads of state and government from different parts of the world will join the summit.
At the meeting, the Saudi minister expressed the hope that the Bangladesh Prime Minister will attend the summit. “Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is expected to join the summit,” the press secretary said.
Talking about terrorism, Sheikh Hasina said only Bangladesh is not facing such a menace, but it is now a global problem.