- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Saudi King invites PM to attend summit in Riyadh
Saudi King and Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud has invited Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to attend the Arabic Islamic American Historical Summit in Saudi Arabia.
The summit will be held in the Saudi capital of Riyadh on May 21.
The visiting Saudi Minister for Culture and Information Dr Awad Bin-Saleh Al-Awad handed over the invitation letter to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at her official residence Ganobhaban on Tuesday.
After the meeting, PM's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim briefed reporters.
Ihsanul said US President Donald Trump and other heads of state and government from different parts of the world will join the summit.
At the meeting, the Saudi minister expressed the hope that the Bangladesh Prime Minister will attend the summit. “Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is expected to join the summit,” the press secretary said.
Talking about terrorism, Sheikh Hasina said only Bangladesh is not facing such a menace, but it is now a global problem.