- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
Saudi King invites PM to attend summit in Riyadh
Saudi King and Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud has invited Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to attend the Arabic Islamic American Historical Summit in Saudi Arabia.
The summit will be held in the Saudi capital of Riyadh on May 21.
The visiting Saudi Minister for Culture and Information Dr Awad Bin-Saleh Al-Awad handed over the invitation letter to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at her official residence Ganobhaban on Tuesday.
After the meeting, PM's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim briefed reporters.
Ihsanul said US President Donald Trump and other heads of state and government from different parts of the world will join the summit.
At the meeting, the Saudi minister expressed the hope that the Bangladesh Prime Minister will attend the summit. “Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is expected to join the summit,” the press secretary said.
Talking about terrorism, Sheikh Hasina said only Bangladesh is not facing such a menace, but it is now a global problem.