- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
Saudi King invites PM to attend summit in Riyadh
Saudi King and Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud has invited Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina to attend the Arabic Islamic American Historical Summit in Saudi Arabia.
The summit will be held in the Saudi capital of Riyadh on May 21.
The visiting Saudi Minister for Culture and Information Dr Awad Bin-Saleh Al-Awad handed over the invitation letter to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina at her official residence Ganobhaban on Tuesday.
After the meeting, PM's Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim briefed reporters.
Ihsanul said US President Donald Trump and other heads of state and government from different parts of the world will join the summit.
At the meeting, the Saudi minister expressed the hope that the Bangladesh Prime Minister will attend the summit. “Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is expected to join the summit,” the press secretary said.
Talking about terrorism, Sheikh Hasina said only Bangladesh is not facing such a menace, but it is now a global problem.