- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
PM attends milad for Wazed Miah
A milad and doa mahfil was arranged for Dr MA Wazed Miah, an eminent nuclear scientist and husband of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, at his Sudha Sadan residence at Dhanmondi on Tuesday marking his 8th death anniversary.
The Prime Minister attended the milad and doa mahfil held after Maghrib prayers.
Besides, MPs, central leaders of Awami League and its associate bodies, family members, relatives, well-wishers and neighbours of Wazed Miah joined the programme.
Those who attended the milad and doa mahfil included Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, PM's Adviser HT Imam, AL Joint Secretary Dr Dipu Moni, Organsing Secretary AFM Bahauddin Nasim and Barrister Fazle Noor Tapos, MP.