- Champions Trophy: Tigers face Pakistan in warm-up match Saturday
- Lawmaker among 6 injured in Dinajpur road crash
- Govt on a ‘mission’ to kill BNP leaders, activists: Khaleda
- 25 Jamaat activists detained in city
- Nilkhet book market catches fire
- 2 JU students killed in Savar road crash
- Fire at Sundarbans doused
- Ramadan begins Sunday
- Greek statue removal SC’s decision: Quader
- Himachal Chief Minister lauds BD’s dev spree
PM attends milad for Wazed Miah
A milad and doa mahfil was arranged for Dr MA Wazed Miah, an eminent nuclear scientist and husband of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, at his Sudha Sadan residence at Dhanmondi on Tuesday marking his 8th death anniversary.
The Prime Minister attended the milad and doa mahfil held after Maghrib prayers.
Besides, MPs, central leaders of Awami League and its associate bodies, family members, relatives, well-wishers and neighbours of Wazed Miah joined the programme.
Those who attended the milad and doa mahfil included Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, PM's Adviser HT Imam, AL Joint Secretary Dr Dipu Moni, Organsing Secretary AFM Bahauddin Nasim and Barrister Fazle Noor Tapos, MP.