- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
PM attends milad for Wazed Miah
A milad and doa mahfil was arranged for Dr MA Wazed Miah, an eminent nuclear scientist and husband of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, at his Sudha Sadan residence at Dhanmondi on Tuesday marking his 8th death anniversary.
The Prime Minister attended the milad and doa mahfil held after Maghrib prayers.
Besides, MPs, central leaders of Awami League and its associate bodies, family members, relatives, well-wishers and neighbours of Wazed Miah joined the programme.
Those who attended the milad and doa mahfil included Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, PM's Adviser HT Imam, AL Joint Secretary Dr Dipu Moni, Organsing Secretary AFM Bahauddin Nasim and Barrister Fazle Noor Tapos, MP.