- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
PM attends milad for Wazed Miah
A milad and doa mahfil was arranged for Dr MA Wazed Miah, an eminent nuclear scientist and husband of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, at his Sudha Sadan residence at Dhanmondi on Tuesday marking his 8th death anniversary.
The Prime Minister attended the milad and doa mahfil held after Maghrib prayers.
Besides, MPs, central leaders of Awami League and its associate bodies, family members, relatives, well-wishers and neighbours of Wazed Miah joined the programme.
Those who attended the milad and doa mahfil included Awami League General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, PM's Adviser HT Imam, AL Joint Secretary Dr Dipu Moni, Organsing Secretary AFM Bahauddin Nasim and Barrister Fazle Noor Tapos, MP.