- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Bangladesh to be made high middle-income country by 2030: Khaleda
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia on Wednesday said her party wants to turn Bangladesh into a modern and democratic high middle-income country by 2030 with per capita income of US$ 5000.
“BNP wants to transform Bangladesh by 2030 into a modern and democratic high-middle income country. Within this period, the per capita income shall be upgraded to US$5000,” she said.
Khaleda made the remarks while unveiling her party’s 256-point Vision-2030 at a crowded press conference at a city hotel.
To achieve the goal, Khaleda said, BNP will adopt creative and intelligent initiatives to boost the annual growth rate to a double-digit figure.
She also promised to balance the Prime Minister’s executive power through a constitutional amendment if her party returns to power.
The BNP chief said her party wants to build a happy, prosperous, modern and self-respecting nation.