- PM’s Austria tour: Combating terrorism high on agenda
- AL sinking into quicksand, says BNP
- 50 DU students get FSIB scholarship
- IBBL to host iftar items to 10 million fasting pedestrians
- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
Bangladesh to be made high middle-income country by 2030: Khaleda
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia on Wednesday said her party wants to turn Bangladesh into a modern and democratic high middle-income country by 2030 with per capita income of US$ 5000.
“BNP wants to transform Bangladesh by 2030 into a modern and democratic high-middle income country. Within this period, the per capita income shall be upgraded to US$5000,” she said.
Khaleda made the remarks while unveiling her party’s 256-point Vision-2030 at a crowded press conference at a city hotel.
To achieve the goal, Khaleda said, BNP will adopt creative and intelligent initiatives to boost the annual growth rate to a double-digit figure.
She also promised to balance the Prime Minister’s executive power through a constitutional amendment if her party returns to power.
The BNP chief said her party wants to build a happy, prosperous, modern and self-respecting nation.