- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
Bangladesh to be made high middle-income country by 2030: Khaleda
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia on Wednesday said her party wants to turn Bangladesh into a modern and democratic high middle-income country by 2030 with per capita income of US$ 5000.
“BNP wants to transform Bangladesh by 2030 into a modern and democratic high-middle income country. Within this period, the per capita income shall be upgraded to US$5000,” she said.
Khaleda made the remarks while unveiling her party’s 256-point Vision-2030 at a crowded press conference at a city hotel.
To achieve the goal, Khaleda said, BNP will adopt creative and intelligent initiatives to boost the annual growth rate to a double-digit figure.
She also promised to balance the Prime Minister’s executive power through a constitutional amendment if her party returns to power.
The BNP chief said her party wants to build a happy, prosperous, modern and self-respecting nation.