- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Bangladesh to be made high middle-income country by 2030: Khaleda
BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia on Wednesday said her party wants to turn Bangladesh into a modern and democratic high middle-income country by 2030 with per capita income of US$ 5000.
“BNP wants to transform Bangladesh by 2030 into a modern and democratic high-middle income country. Within this period, the per capita income shall be upgraded to US$5000,” she said.
Khaleda made the remarks while unveiling her party’s 256-point Vision-2030 at a crowded press conference at a city hotel.
To achieve the goal, Khaleda said, BNP will adopt creative and intelligent initiatives to boost the annual growth rate to a double-digit figure.
She also promised to balance the Prime Minister’s executive power through a constitutional amendment if her party returns to power.
The BNP chief said her party wants to build a happy, prosperous, modern and self-respecting nation.