- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
37 arrested in Satkhira drives
Police arrested 37 people including a leader of Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) during special drives conducted at different upazilas in the district from Monday evening to Wednesday morning on various charges.
Inspector Mizanur Rahman of Satkhira district police (special branch) said they conducted the raids at different areas of eight upazilas of the district.
A total of 37 people, including the general secretary of BNP Ufapur union unit of Kolaroa upazila, Md Moniruzzaman, were arrested during the raids, he said.
The detainees were accused in different cases filed for sabotage and drug abuse, he added.