- Champions Trophy: Tigers face Pakistan in warm-up match Saturday
- Lawmaker among 6 injured in Dinajpur road crash
- Govt on a ‘mission’ to kill BNP leaders, activists: Khaleda
- 25 Jamaat activists detained in city
- Nilkhet book market catches fire
- 2 JU students killed in Savar road crash
- Fire at Sundarbans doused
- Ramadan begins Sunday
- Greek statue removal SC’s decision: Quader
- Himachal Chief Minister lauds BD’s dev spree
37 arrested in Satkhira drives
Police arrested 37 people including a leader of Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) during special drives conducted at different upazilas in the district from Monday evening to Wednesday morning on various charges.
Inspector Mizanur Rahman of Satkhira district police (special branch) said they conducted the raids at different areas of eight upazilas of the district.
A total of 37 people, including the general secretary of BNP Ufapur union unit of Kolaroa upazila, Md Moniruzzaman, were arrested during the raids, he said.
The detainees were accused in different cases filed for sabotage and drug abuse, he added.