- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
37 arrested in Satkhira drives
Police arrested 37 people including a leader of Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) during special drives conducted at different upazilas in the district from Monday evening to Wednesday morning on various charges.
Inspector Mizanur Rahman of Satkhira district police (special branch) said they conducted the raids at different areas of eight upazilas of the district.
A total of 37 people, including the general secretary of BNP Ufapur union unit of Kolaroa upazila, Md Moniruzzaman, were arrested during the raids, he said.
The detainees were accused in different cases filed for sabotage and drug abuse, he added.