- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
37 arrested in Satkhira drives
Police arrested 37 people including a leader of Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) during special drives conducted at different upazilas in the district from Monday evening to Wednesday morning on various charges.
Inspector Mizanur Rahman of Satkhira district police (special branch) said they conducted the raids at different areas of eight upazilas of the district.
A total of 37 people, including the general secretary of BNP Ufapur union unit of Kolaroa upazila, Md Moniruzzaman, were arrested during the raids, he said.
The detainees were accused in different cases filed for sabotage and drug abuse, he added.