- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
- DNCC polls stayed for 6 months: EC
- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
Man held for ‘killing’ pregnant wife in city
Police arrested a man from the city’s Khilgaon area on Friday for allegedly killing his pregnant wife.
A team of police from Khilgaon Thana arrested the alleged killer Saifullah Al Mamun, 35, general manager of a ready made garments (RMG) factory in Narayanganj, said police quoting the victim’s family members.
Shahadat Hossain, younger brother of the victim, said his brother-in-law Mamun used to have altercation with his sister Mahmuda Akhter Munni, 26, an eight-month pregnant woman, over his extra-marital affair.
“I heard my sister screaming around 3am on Friday after returning home from a nearby mosque. My brother-in-law asked me to take my sister to hospital,” he added.
As the transport was not available at night, Munni was taken to Square Hospital around 6:30am on Friday where on-duty physician declared her dead on arrival.
Shahadat claimed that his sister died as her husband tortured her.