- Voting in 19 UPs, Khetlal municipality begins
- PM performs Umrah
- 2 schoolgirls drown in Chuadanga
- Transport strike called off in Sylhet
- 100 HSC answer scripts found at RU hall
- BD imposes ‘self-ban’ on vegetable export to EU market
- Swadhinata KS clinch 1st Div Football League title
- Trump greeted with selfies and politics on arrival in Israel
- Khaleda sits with party policymakers
- Banani rape: Shafat’s driver Billal makes ‘confession’
Man held for ‘killing’ pregnant wife in city
Police arrested a man from the city’s Khilgaon area on Friday for allegedly killing his pregnant wife.
A team of police from Khilgaon Thana arrested the alleged killer Saifullah Al Mamun, 35, general manager of a ready made garments (RMG) factory in Narayanganj, said police quoting the victim’s family members.
Shahadat Hossain, younger brother of the victim, said his brother-in-law Mamun used to have altercation with his sister Mahmuda Akhter Munni, 26, an eight-month pregnant woman, over his extra-marital affair.
“I heard my sister screaming around 3am on Friday after returning home from a nearby mosque. My brother-in-law asked me to take my sister to hospital,” he added.
As the transport was not available at night, Munni was taken to Square Hospital around 6:30am on Friday where on-duty physician declared her dead on arrival.
Shahadat claimed that his sister died as her husband tortured her.