- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
- 2 hurt in Sirajganj clash die
- Restaurant owner killed in Rajshahi road crash
- BNP calls PM’s progress remarks ‘hollow’
- 2 British-Bangladeshi women in London fire victims: Police
- Cops unfold abduction drama of Ctg ex-BCL leader
- 4 go missing in Moinot Ghat, Cox’s Bazar Sea Beach
- Mugger held while fleeing with booty in B’baria
Man held for ‘killing’ pregnant wife in city
Police arrested a man from the city’s Khilgaon area on Friday for allegedly killing his pregnant wife.
A team of police from Khilgaon Thana arrested the alleged killer Saifullah Al Mamun, 35, general manager of a ready made garments (RMG) factory in Narayanganj, said police quoting the victim’s family members.
Shahadat Hossain, younger brother of the victim, said his brother-in-law Mamun used to have altercation with his sister Mahmuda Akhter Munni, 26, an eight-month pregnant woman, over his extra-marital affair.
“I heard my sister screaming around 3am on Friday after returning home from a nearby mosque. My brother-in-law asked me to take my sister to hospital,” he added.
As the transport was not available at night, Munni was taken to Square Hospital around 6:30am on Friday where on-duty physician declared her dead on arrival.
Shahadat claimed that his sister died as her husband tortured her.