- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
Man held for ‘killing’ pregnant wife in city
Police arrested a man from the city’s Khilgaon area on Friday for allegedly killing his pregnant wife.
A team of police from Khilgaon Thana arrested the alleged killer Saifullah Al Mamun, 35, general manager of a ready made garments (RMG) factory in Narayanganj, said police quoting the victim’s family members.
Shahadat Hossain, younger brother of the victim, said his brother-in-law Mamun used to have altercation with his sister Mahmuda Akhter Munni, 26, an eight-month pregnant woman, over his extra-marital affair.
“I heard my sister screaming around 3am on Friday after returning home from a nearby mosque. My brother-in-law asked me to take my sister to hospital,” he added.
As the transport was not available at night, Munni was taken to Square Hospital around 6:30am on Friday where on-duty physician declared her dead on arrival.
Shahadat claimed that his sister died as her husband tortured her.