- Mobile SIM sale to Rohingyas going on defying ban
- 7 get life in prison for murder in Ctg
- EC to sit with women leaders Monday
- Govt urged to create separate lanes for auto rickshaws, tempos
- ‘BGB-BSF set for another round of war games’
- BD urges Turkey to build one lakh more shelters for Rohingyas
- Neo-JMB man arrested from Sherpur
- Myanmar must take back its nationals, Sushma tells Hasina
- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
Man held for ‘killing’ pregnant wife in city
Police arrested a man from the city’s Khilgaon area on Friday for allegedly killing his pregnant wife.
A team of police from Khilgaon Thana arrested the alleged killer Saifullah Al Mamun, 35, general manager of a ready made garments (RMG) factory in Narayanganj, said police quoting the victim’s family members.
Shahadat Hossain, younger brother of the victim, said his brother-in-law Mamun used to have altercation with his sister Mahmuda Akhter Munni, 26, an eight-month pregnant woman, over his extra-marital affair.
“I heard my sister screaming around 3am on Friday after returning home from a nearby mosque. My brother-in-law asked me to take my sister to hospital,” he added.
As the transport was not available at night, Munni was taken to Square Hospital around 6:30am on Friday where on-duty physician declared her dead on arrival.
Shahadat claimed that his sister died as her husband tortured her.