- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
CIID launches probe against Apan Jewellers owner Dildar
Customs Intelligence and Investigation Directorate (CIID) has formed a two-member committee to investigate the sources of wealth of Dildar Ahmed, one of the owners of Apan Jewellers and father of the Banani rape-case prime accused Shafat Ahmed.
“We constituted a two-member probe panel consisting of our Deputy Director HM Shariful and Assistant Revenue Officer Zakir Hossain on Thursday to look into the sources of wealth of Dildar Ahmed,” CIID Director General Dr Moinul Khan told UNB on Friday.
The committee was asked to submit its report as early as possible, he said hoping that they will get the primary investigation report very soon.
Dildar is in the limelight after the rape of two private university girls by his son Shafat and his cohorts in a Banani hotel came to the fore.
One of the rape victims filed a case with Banani Police Station on May 6 accusing five people, including Shafat. The four other accused are Nayeem Ashraf, Shadman Sakif, Shafat's driver Billal, 26, and his bodyguard Abul Kalam Azad.