- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
- 2 hurt in Sirajganj clash die
- Restaurant owner killed in Rajshahi road crash
- BNP calls PM’s progress remarks ‘hollow’
- 2 British-Bangladeshi women in London fire victims: Police
- Cops unfold abduction drama of Ctg ex-BCL leader
- 4 go missing in Moinot Ghat, Cox’s Bazar Sea Beach
- Mugger held while fleeing with booty in B’baria
Youth sued for ‘raping mother-daughter’ in Sylhet
A youth was sent to jail in a case filed on charge of raping a woman and her daughter at Namadoma village in Jaintapur upazila for the last six months and uploading those videos on internet.
Sharmin Khanom Nila, judge of Sylhet Judicial Magistrate court-2, pronounced the order after recording the confessional statement of one of the accused Nimar Ahmed, 28, son of one Kalai Miah of Namadoma village.
Meanwhile, both the victims were admitted to the local One-Stop Crisis Centre (OCC) following a directive of the court.
Earlier, a team of Jaintapur Police Station arrested the ‘rapist’ Nimar from Namadoma village early Thursday.
Safiul Kabir, officer-in-charge of Jaintapur Police Station, said Nimar fell in love with a girl at Namadoma village of the upazila six-month ago and at one stage, made physical relation with her promising her to marry.
Nimar also has allegedly raped the girl’s mother threatening of uploading videos of her daughter on Internet.
A case has been filed with the Thana under - Pornography Act against Nimar.
Police also have recovered a memory card from the possession of Nimar, he added