- Voting in 19 UPs, Khetlal municipality begins
- PM performs Umrah
- 2 schoolgirls drown in Chuadanga
- Transport strike called off in Sylhet
- 100 HSC answer scripts found at RU hall
- BD imposes ‘self-ban’ on vegetable export to EU market
- Swadhinata KS clinch 1st Div Football League title
- Trump greeted with selfies and politics on arrival in Israel
- Khaleda sits with party policymakers
- Banani rape: Shafat’s driver Billal makes ‘confession’
Youth sued for ‘raping mother-daughter’ in Sylhet
A youth was sent to jail in a case filed on charge of raping a woman and her daughter at Namadoma village in Jaintapur upazila for the last six months and uploading those videos on internet.
Sharmin Khanom Nila, judge of Sylhet Judicial Magistrate court-2, pronounced the order after recording the confessional statement of one of the accused Nimar Ahmed, 28, son of one Kalai Miah of Namadoma village.
Meanwhile, both the victims were admitted to the local One-Stop Crisis Centre (OCC) following a directive of the court.
Earlier, a team of Jaintapur Police Station arrested the ‘rapist’ Nimar from Namadoma village early Thursday.
Safiul Kabir, officer-in-charge of Jaintapur Police Station, said Nimar fell in love with a girl at Namadoma village of the upazila six-month ago and at one stage, made physical relation with her promising her to marry.
Nimar also has allegedly raped the girl’s mother threatening of uploading videos of her daughter on Internet.
A case has been filed with the Thana under - Pornography Act against Nimar.
Police also have recovered a memory card from the possession of Nimar, he added