- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
- DNCC polls stayed for 6 months: EC
- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
Youth sued for ‘raping mother-daughter’ in Sylhet
A youth was sent to jail in a case filed on charge of raping a woman and her daughter at Namadoma village in Jaintapur upazila for the last six months and uploading those videos on internet.
Sharmin Khanom Nila, judge of Sylhet Judicial Magistrate court-2, pronounced the order after recording the confessional statement of one of the accused Nimar Ahmed, 28, son of one Kalai Miah of Namadoma village.
Meanwhile, both the victims were admitted to the local One-Stop Crisis Centre (OCC) following a directive of the court.
Earlier, a team of Jaintapur Police Station arrested the ‘rapist’ Nimar from Namadoma village early Thursday.
Safiul Kabir, officer-in-charge of Jaintapur Police Station, said Nimar fell in love with a girl at Namadoma village of the upazila six-month ago and at one stage, made physical relation with her promising her to marry.
Nimar also has allegedly raped the girl’s mother threatening of uploading videos of her daughter on Internet.
A case has been filed with the Thana under - Pornography Act against Nimar.
Police also have recovered a memory card from the possession of Nimar, he added