- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
- 2 hurt in Sirajganj clash die
- Restaurant owner killed in Rajshahi road crash
- BNP calls PM’s progress remarks ‘hollow’
- 2 British-Bangladeshi women in London fire victims: Police
- Cops unfold abduction drama of Ctg ex-BCL leader
- 4 go missing in Moinot Ghat, Cox’s Bazar Sea Beach
- Mugger held while fleeing with booty in B’baria
2 outlawed party leaders killed in Rajbari gunfight
Two regional leaders of the outlawed Purba Banglar Communist Party (PBCP-Lal Potaka) were killed in a reported gunfight with members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) in Rakhalgachhi area of Goalondo upazila early Saturday.
The deceased were identified as Bappi, chief of Lal Potaka Bahini and his associate Lalon.
Rois Uddin, additional superintendent of police, and also company commander of Rab Faridpur camp, said that on secret information a team of Rab conducted a drive in the area around 3am.
Sensing the presence of elite force, the outlaw leaders opened fire on them, prompting the law enforcers to retaliate that triggered a “gunfight”.
The gunfight left duo dead on the spot.
Two Rab members also were injured in the incident.
The Rab team also recovered four firearms and 60 rounds of bullets from the spot.