- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
2 outlawed party leaders killed in Rajbari gunfight
Two regional leaders of the outlawed Purba Banglar Communist Party (PBCP-Lal Potaka) were killed in a reported gunfight with members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) in Rakhalgachhi area of Goalondo upazila early Saturday.
The deceased were identified as Bappi, chief of Lal Potaka Bahini and his associate Lalon.
Rois Uddin, additional superintendent of police, and also company commander of Rab Faridpur camp, said that on secret information a team of Rab conducted a drive in the area around 3am.
Sensing the presence of elite force, the outlaw leaders opened fire on them, prompting the law enforcers to retaliate that triggered a “gunfight”.
The gunfight left duo dead on the spot.
Two Rab members also were injured in the incident.
The Rab team also recovered four firearms and 60 rounds of bullets from the spot.