- Mobile SIM sale to Rohingyas going on defying ban
- 7 get life in prison for murder in Ctg
- EC to sit with women leaders Monday
- Govt urged to create separate lanes for auto rickshaws, tempos
- ‘BGB-BSF set for another round of war games’
- BD urges Turkey to build one lakh more shelters for Rohingyas
- Neo-JMB man arrested from Sherpur
- Myanmar must take back its nationals, Sushma tells Hasina
- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
2 outlawed party leaders killed in Rajbari gunfight
Two regional leaders of the outlawed Purba Banglar Communist Party (PBCP-Lal Potaka) were killed in a reported gunfight with members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) in Rakhalgachhi area of Goalondo upazila early Saturday.
The deceased were identified as Bappi, chief of Lal Potaka Bahini and his associate Lalon.
Rois Uddin, additional superintendent of police, and also company commander of Rab Faridpur camp, said that on secret information a team of Rab conducted a drive in the area around 3am.
Sensing the presence of elite force, the outlaw leaders opened fire on them, prompting the law enforcers to retaliate that triggered a “gunfight”.
The gunfight left duo dead on the spot.
Two Rab members also were injured in the incident.
The Rab team also recovered four firearms and 60 rounds of bullets from the spot.