- Voting in 19 UPs, Khetlal municipality begins
- PM performs Umrah
- 2 schoolgirls drown in Chuadanga
- Transport strike called off in Sylhet
- 100 HSC answer scripts found at RU hall
- BD imposes ‘self-ban’ on vegetable export to EU market
- Swadhinata KS clinch 1st Div Football League title
- Trump greeted with selfies and politics on arrival in Israel
- Khaleda sits with party policymakers
- Banani rape: Shafat’s driver Billal makes ‘confession’
2 outlawed party leaders killed in Rajbari gunfight
Two regional leaders of the outlawed Purba Banglar Communist Party (PBCP-Lal Potaka) were killed in a reported gunfight with members of Rapid Action Battalion (Rab) in Rakhalgachhi area of Goalondo upazila early Saturday.
The deceased were identified as Bappi, chief of Lal Potaka Bahini and his associate Lalon.
Rois Uddin, additional superintendent of police, and also company commander of Rab Faridpur camp, said that on secret information a team of Rab conducted a drive in the area around 3am.
Sensing the presence of elite force, the outlaw leaders opened fire on them, prompting the law enforcers to retaliate that triggered a “gunfight”.
The gunfight left duo dead on the spot.
Two Rab members also were injured in the incident.
The Rab team also recovered four firearms and 60 rounds of bullets from the spot.