- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
Dhaka Tribune clinches Media Cup Football title
Dhaka Tribune players and officials pose with the champion's trophy in Dhaka on Saturday. DHAKA TRIBUNE/Md Manik
Dhaka Tribune clinched the Marcel-BSJC Media Cup Football title beating Channel i by 3-0 goals in tie-breaker at the Shaheed Capt (Capt) M Mansur Ali National Handball Stadium here on Saturday.
The final match between two teams was locked in 1-1 in the stipulated period with Fazle Rabbi scoring for Dhaka Tribune and Abdullah Al Nowfel for Channel i.
Later, Fazle Rabbi of the champions team named as the best player of the final, Nowfel of the losing team was adjudged the best player of the tournament while Shafi of SA TV named as the highest scorers of the Tournament .
The champion team was awarded with prize money of Tk 30,000 while the runners-up Channel i received prize money of Tk 20,000.
Star booter of yesteryear Ashrafuddin Ahmed Chunnu was the chief guest in the day’s final and later he distributed the prizes among the winners.