- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Dhaka Tribune clinches Media Cup Football title
Dhaka Tribune players and officials pose with the champion's trophy in Dhaka on Saturday. DHAKA TRIBUNE/Md Manik
Dhaka Tribune clinched the Marcel-BSJC Media Cup Football title beating Channel i by 3-0 goals in tie-breaker at the Shaheed Capt (Capt) M Mansur Ali National Handball Stadium here on Saturday.
The final match between two teams was locked in 1-1 in the stipulated period with Fazle Rabbi scoring for Dhaka Tribune and Abdullah Al Nowfel for Channel i.
Later, Fazle Rabbi of the champions team named as the best player of the final, Nowfel of the losing team was adjudged the best player of the tournament while Shafi of SA TV named as the highest scorers of the Tournament .
The champion team was awarded with prize money of Tk 30,000 while the runners-up Channel i received prize money of Tk 20,000.
Star booter of yesteryear Ashrafuddin Ahmed Chunnu was the chief guest in the day’s final and later he distributed the prizes among the winners.