- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
Divorced woman ‘gang raped’ in Pabna
A divorced woman has allegedly been gang raped by four miscreants at Khidirpur in Atghoria upazila.
Police arrested all the culprits -- Janab Ali, 38, son of late Torab Ali of Hapania village, Kawsar Ali, 25, son of late Sukkur Ali of Bangshipara village, Amirul Islam, 22, son of Mohammad Ali, and Anarul Islam, 22, son of Montaz Ali of Beruan village in the upazila.
Officer-in-charge of Atghoria Police Station Anwarul Islam said the 20-year-old victim, hailing from Binodnagar village in Nawabganj upazila of Dinajpur district, was married off to Jamrul Islam, son of Nuru Islam of Hapania village in Atgharia upazila, four years back.
However, the couple got separated around six months back due to marital feud.
The victim was in good terms with Janab and on Friday she called him over phone and asked for Tk 2,000 when Janab told her to come to Muladuli Bazar to take the money.
As the woman reached the bazaar around 4:30 pm, Janab along with his associates -- Amirul, Anarul and Kawsar – tactfully took her to a banana orchard adjacent to Khidirpur High School and raped her throughout the night one after another.