- Students clash with police at Shahbagh demanding exam dates
- 5 SC lawyers exempted from contempt rule
- Rain disrupts city life
- 12 held at Benapole while trying to cross border illegally
- 5 members of ‘rapist gang’ held in city
- Comilla couple electrocuted
- BNP for constitutional amendment for polls under neutral govt
- 4-day training on technical analysis at DSE from Aug 7
- Youth to die for killing minor girl after rape in Kushtia
- EC plans to use DVMs in few wards in Rangpur city election
65 militants killed in recent drives: IGP
Inspector General of Police (IGP) AKM Shahidul Hoque on Saturday said a total of 65 militants were killed in police drives in some 15 militant dens in recent times.
He came up with the disclosure at a community policing rally organised by Lalbagh Division of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) at Lalbagh in the city.
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan who was the chief guest at the programme said those want to destroy the country’s young generation with drugs will have to face a dire consequence.
Currently, some 20,000 prisoners are serving jail terms in drug-related cases, he said.
Talking about the Banani rape case, he said investigation is going on against officer-in-charge of Banani Police Station Farman Ali as to whether he had any negligence in taking cognisance of the complaint. “If he is found guilty, stern action will be taken against him,” he said.
Food Minister Qamrul Islam and DMP Commissioner Asaduzzaman Mia were, among others, present.