- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
65 militants killed in recent drives: IGP
Inspector General of Police (IGP) AKM Shahidul Hoque on Saturday said a total of 65 militants were killed in police drives in some 15 militant dens in recent times.
He came up with the disclosure at a community policing rally organised by Lalbagh Division of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) at Lalbagh in the city.
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan who was the chief guest at the programme said those want to destroy the country’s young generation with drugs will have to face a dire consequence.
Currently, some 20,000 prisoners are serving jail terms in drug-related cases, he said.
Talking about the Banani rape case, he said investigation is going on against officer-in-charge of Banani Police Station Farman Ali as to whether he had any negligence in taking cognisance of the complaint. “If he is found guilty, stern action will be taken against him,” he said.
Food Minister Qamrul Islam and DMP Commissioner Asaduzzaman Mia were, among others, present.