- Voting in 19 UPs, Khetlal municipality begins
- PM performs Umrah
- 2 schoolgirls drown in Chuadanga
- Transport strike called off in Sylhet
- 100 HSC answer scripts found at RU hall
- BD imposes ‘self-ban’ on vegetable export to EU market
- Swadhinata KS clinch 1st Div Football League title
- Trump greeted with selfies and politics on arrival in Israel
- Khaleda sits with party policymakers
- Banani rape: Shafat’s driver Billal makes ‘confession’
Call for joint efforts to execute UN climate resolution
Foreign secretary Shahidul Haque on Saturday said the government and civil society should work together to influence the United Nations Global Compacts on Migration and Refugees, a resolution to be implemented by the middle of 2018.
The secretary made the call while addressing a programme titled “UN Global Compacts and Climate Displacement: Bangladeshi Civil Society Perspective” at CIRDAP auditorium in the city.
The foreign secretary further said climate displacement should not be separated from mobility issue, adding that Nansen Initiative Protection Agenda, which has been signed by 107 countries, should be considered as a base to fight the adverse effects of disaster displacement.
The seminar was arranged by COAST and EquityBD with the assistance of Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation (PKSF) with its chairman Dr Qazi Kholiquzzaman in the chair.