- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
- 2 hurt in Sirajganj clash die
- Restaurant owner killed in Rajshahi road crash
- BNP calls PM’s progress remarks ‘hollow’
- 2 British-Bangladeshi women in London fire victims: Police
- Cops unfold abduction drama of Ctg ex-BCL leader
- 4 go missing in Moinot Ghat, Cox’s Bazar Sea Beach
- Mugger held while fleeing with booty in B’baria
Call for joint efforts to execute UN climate resolution
Foreign secretary Shahidul Haque on Saturday said the government and civil society should work together to influence the United Nations Global Compacts on Migration and Refugees, a resolution to be implemented by the middle of 2018.
The secretary made the call while addressing a programme titled “UN Global Compacts and Climate Displacement: Bangladeshi Civil Society Perspective” at CIRDAP auditorium in the city.
The foreign secretary further said climate displacement should not be separated from mobility issue, adding that Nansen Initiative Protection Agenda, which has been signed by 107 countries, should be considered as a base to fight the adverse effects of disaster displacement.
The seminar was arranged by COAST and EquityBD with the assistance of Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation (PKSF) with its chairman Dr Qazi Kholiquzzaman in the chair.