- Mobile SIM sale to Rohingyas going on defying ban
- 7 get life in prison for murder in Ctg
- EC to sit with women leaders Monday
- Govt urged to create separate lanes for auto rickshaws, tempos
- ‘BGB-BSF set for another round of war games’
- BD urges Turkey to build one lakh more shelters for Rohingyas
- Neo-JMB man arrested from Sherpur
- Myanmar must take back its nationals, Sushma tells Hasina
- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
Call for joint efforts to execute UN climate resolution
Foreign secretary Shahidul Haque on Saturday said the government and civil society should work together to influence the United Nations Global Compacts on Migration and Refugees, a resolution to be implemented by the middle of 2018.
The secretary made the call while addressing a programme titled “UN Global Compacts and Climate Displacement: Bangladeshi Civil Society Perspective” at CIRDAP auditorium in the city.
The foreign secretary further said climate displacement should not be separated from mobility issue, adding that Nansen Initiative Protection Agenda, which has been signed by 107 countries, should be considered as a base to fight the adverse effects of disaster displacement.
The seminar was arranged by COAST and EquityBD with the assistance of Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation (PKSF) with its chairman Dr Qazi Kholiquzzaman in the chair.