- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
Call for joint efforts to execute UN climate resolution
Foreign secretary Shahidul Haque on Saturday said the government and civil society should work together to influence the United Nations Global Compacts on Migration and Refugees, a resolution to be implemented by the middle of 2018.
The secretary made the call while addressing a programme titled “UN Global Compacts and Climate Displacement: Bangladeshi Civil Society Perspective” at CIRDAP auditorium in the city.
The foreign secretary further said climate displacement should not be separated from mobility issue, adding that Nansen Initiative Protection Agenda, which has been signed by 107 countries, should be considered as a base to fight the adverse effects of disaster displacement.
The seminar was arranged by COAST and EquityBD with the assistance of Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation (PKSF) with its chairman Dr Qazi Kholiquzzaman in the chair.