- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
- DNCC polls stayed for 6 months: EC
- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
Call for joint efforts to execute UN climate resolution
Foreign secretary Shahidul Haque on Saturday said the government and civil society should work together to influence the United Nations Global Compacts on Migration and Refugees, a resolution to be implemented by the middle of 2018.
The secretary made the call while addressing a programme titled “UN Global Compacts and Climate Displacement: Bangladeshi Civil Society Perspective” at CIRDAP auditorium in the city.
The foreign secretary further said climate displacement should not be separated from mobility issue, adding that Nansen Initiative Protection Agenda, which has been signed by 107 countries, should be considered as a base to fight the adverse effects of disaster displacement.
The seminar was arranged by COAST and EquityBD with the assistance of Palli Karma-Sahayak Foundation (PKSF) with its chairman Dr Qazi Kholiquzzaman in the chair.