- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Fire at N’ganj jute warehouses under control
The fire that broke out at three jute warehouses in Shitalakha area of the district on Sunday morning was bought under control within an hour.
Deputy assistant director of Narayanganj Fire Service and Civil Defence Mamunur Rashid said the fire broke out at the three warehouses of Kumudini Welfare Trust at 7:00am.
“It was not still clear what caused the fire,” he said.
Polash Chandra Moudud, duty officer at Narayanganj Fire Station, said firefighters tamed the fire around 8:15am and four fire-fighting units were still working to completely put it out.
However, there was no report of any casualty in the fire.