- Champions Trophy: Tigers face Pakistan in warm-up match Saturday
- Lawmaker among 6 injured in Dinajpur road crash
- Govt on a ‘mission’ to kill BNP leaders, activists: Khaleda
- 25 Jamaat activists detained in city
- Nilkhet book market catches fire
- 2 JU students killed in Savar road crash
- Fire at Sundarbans doused
- Ramadan begins Sunday
- Greek statue removal SC’s decision: Quader
- Himachal Chief Minister lauds BD’s dev spree
Fire at N’ganj jute warehouses under control
The fire that broke out at three jute warehouses in Shitalakha area of the district on Sunday morning was bought under control within an hour.
Deputy assistant director of Narayanganj Fire Service and Civil Defence Mamunur Rashid said the fire broke out at the three warehouses of Kumudini Welfare Trust at 7:00am.
“It was not still clear what caused the fire,” he said.
Polash Chandra Moudud, duty officer at Narayanganj Fire Station, said firefighters tamed the fire around 8:15am and four fire-fighting units were still working to completely put it out.
However, there was no report of any casualty in the fire.