- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Fire at N’ganj jute warehouses under control
The fire that broke out at three jute warehouses in Shitalakha area of the district on Sunday morning was bought under control within an hour.
Deputy assistant director of Narayanganj Fire Service and Civil Defence Mamunur Rashid said the fire broke out at the three warehouses of Kumudini Welfare Trust at 7:00am.
“It was not still clear what caused the fire,” he said.
Polash Chandra Moudud, duty officer at Narayanganj Fire Station, said firefighters tamed the fire around 8:15am and four fire-fighting units were still working to completely put it out.
However, there was no report of any casualty in the fire.