- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
Bodies of 3 BD citizens to send home from NY Tuesday
Bodies of three Bangladesh nationals, who died in a car crash in the USA, will be sent home from New York on Tuesday night.
The namaj-e-janaza of the three deceased will be held at Jamaica Muslim Center (JMC) after the Zuhr prayers on Tuesday, Shameem Ahsan, Bangladesh Consul General in New York, told UNB.
Consulate's representatives will also participate in the janaza, he said.
He said that Shamim Hossain, first secretary of the Consul General of Bangladesh in New York, has already visited houses of the three victims and met the injured at the hospital. He spent almost whole day with the bereaved members of the families and at the hospital.
Hospital authorities were requested to ensure best possible treatment to the injured national, said Shameem Ahsan, adding that the Consulate has taken necessary action to expeditiously attest funeral and other papers on its receipt.
Three Bangladeshi expatriates -- Shamsul Islam, 61; and Ataur R Dulal, 34, of Mymensingh and Raihan Islam, 28 -- were killed and another was injured critically in a car crash in Northern State Parkway near New York city of USA on Saturday.