- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Bodies of 3 BD citizens to send home from NY Tuesday
Bodies of three Bangladesh nationals, who died in a car crash in the USA, will be sent home from New York on Tuesday night.
The namaj-e-janaza of the three deceased will be held at Jamaica Muslim Center (JMC) after the Zuhr prayers on Tuesday, Shameem Ahsan, Bangladesh Consul General in New York, told UNB.
Consulate's representatives will also participate in the janaza, he said.
He said that Shamim Hossain, first secretary of the Consul General of Bangladesh in New York, has already visited houses of the three victims and met the injured at the hospital. He spent almost whole day with the bereaved members of the families and at the hospital.
Hospital authorities were requested to ensure best possible treatment to the injured national, said Shameem Ahsan, adding that the Consulate has taken necessary action to expeditiously attest funeral and other papers on its receipt.
Three Bangladeshi expatriates -- Shamsul Islam, 61; and Ataur R Dulal, 34, of Mymensingh and Raihan Islam, 28 -- were killed and another was injured critically in a car crash in Northern State Parkway near New York city of USA on Saturday.