- PM admitted incidents of enforced disappearances, says BNP
- Egypt: Militants kill at least 235 in attack on Sinai mosque
- Zimbabwe's military swears loyalty to Mnangagwa
- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
Bodies of 3 BD citizens to send home from NY Tuesday
Bodies of three Bangladesh nationals, who died in a car crash in the USA, will be sent home from New York on Tuesday night.
The namaj-e-janaza of the three deceased will be held at Jamaica Muslim Center (JMC) after the Zuhr prayers on Tuesday, Shameem Ahsan, Bangladesh Consul General in New York, told UNB.
Consulate's representatives will also participate in the janaza, he said.
He said that Shamim Hossain, first secretary of the Consul General of Bangladesh in New York, has already visited houses of the three victims and met the injured at the hospital. He spent almost whole day with the bereaved members of the families and at the hospital.
Hospital authorities were requested to ensure best possible treatment to the injured national, said Shameem Ahsan, adding that the Consulate has taken necessary action to expeditiously attest funeral and other papers on its receipt.
Three Bangladeshi expatriates -- Shamsul Islam, 61; and Ataur R Dulal, 34, of Mymensingh and Raihan Islam, 28 -- were killed and another was injured critically in a car crash in Northern State Parkway near New York city of USA on Saturday.