- Hasina woos global support at UNGA over Rohingya issue
- US with Bangladesh on Rohingya issue, Trump tells Hasina
- DUTA condemns Rohingya persecution in Myanmar
- Noakhali boat capsize kills 4
- Sunamganj people in trouble for doubling OMS rice price
- PM for protection of human and labour rights
- 6 children return home after languishing in Indian jail
- 5,314 sacks hoarded rice found in Rajshahi
- Conjoined twin dies after birth in Rajshahi
- No Fanush Utsab this year protesting Rohingya persecution
3rd national human rights representative conference 2017 held
The 3rd national human rights representative conference was held at Bishwo Shahitto Kendro in Dhaka on Wednesday.
Human Rights Support Society (HRSS) organized the conference on ‘The role of youth in human rights protection, promotion and decision making’ at Bishwo Shahitto Kendro conference room around 9:00 am.
Former Vice chancellor of ASA University Bangladesh and founding chairman of Peace and Conflict Studies of University of Dhaka, Professor Dr. Dalem Chandra Barman was present as chief guest while Ex executive director of Ain O Salish Kendra (ASK), Nur Khan Liton, Director of Resource and Information Center (RIC), Abul Haseeb Khan and Associate Professor of Political Science of University Dhaka, Md. Shariful Islam as special guests.
Professor Dr. Dalem Chandra Barman said that, In the present situation, this conference is very important for Bangladesh. Young people must come forward to protect and promote the human rights.
The Ex. Director of Ain o Salish Kendra (ASK), Nur Khan Liton says, the human rights of Bangladesh are violating by many powerful peoples. Law enforcers agencies are involved in human rights violation.
Speakers elicit expressions that, Human rights violation is the major issue in Bangladesh, this is much more political. Every young people should make himself/herself as human rights defender. Human rights defender should be well organized and informative.
Amongst other, the Secretary general of HRSS, S.M Mahfuzul Hoque Chowdhury, Assistant Secretary Adv. Moniruzzaman, Executive Director of HRSS, Al Amin, ATM Nasir, Mohe Uddin Himel, Omar Farok, Md. Saiful Islam and Mohammad Rajib Uddin were present in the conference.
Over two hundred participants of various institutions, districts took part in the conference.