- Champions Trophy: Tigers face Pakistan in warm-up match Saturday
- Lawmaker among 6 injured in Dinajpur road crash
- Govt on a ‘mission’ to kill BNP leaders, activists: Khaleda
- 25 Jamaat activists detained in city
- Nilkhet book market catches fire
- 2 JU students killed in Savar road crash
- Fire at Sundarbans doused
- Ramadan begins Sunday
- Greek statue removal SC’s decision: Quader
- Himachal Chief Minister lauds BD’s dev spree
Tougher punishment for traffic rule violation in cantonment areas
The cabinet on Monday approved the draft of ‘The Cantonment Bill, 2017’ incorporating tougher punishment for delaying the construction of buildings and breaking traffic rules in cantonment areas.
The approval was given at the regular weekly cabinet meeting held at Bangladesh Secretariat with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
After the meeting, Cabinet Secretary Mohammad Shafiul Alam briefed reporters.
He said the cabinet also okayed a proposal for the ratification of ‘The Agreement between the Republic of San Marino and Bangladesh on the Establishment of Diplomatic Relations’.
The meeting also adopted a condolence motion at the death of Director General of the National Academy for Primary Education (NAPE) Md Fazlur Rahman.
Rahman was killed and four others were injured in a road accident in Fatikchhari upazila, Chittagong on Saturday.
Ministers, state ministers and secretaries concerned were present at the meeting.