- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Tougher punishment for traffic rule violation in cantonment areas
The cabinet on Monday approved the draft of ‘The Cantonment Bill, 2017’ incorporating tougher punishment for delaying the construction of buildings and breaking traffic rules in cantonment areas.
The approval was given at the regular weekly cabinet meeting held at Bangladesh Secretariat with Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in the chair.
After the meeting, Cabinet Secretary Mohammad Shafiul Alam briefed reporters.
He said the cabinet also okayed a proposal for the ratification of ‘The Agreement between the Republic of San Marino and Bangladesh on the Establishment of Diplomatic Relations’.
The meeting also adopted a condolence motion at the death of Director General of the National Academy for Primary Education (NAPE) Md Fazlur Rahman.
Rahman was killed and four others were injured in a road accident in Fatikchhari upazila, Chittagong on Saturday.
Ministers, state ministers and secretaries concerned were present at the meeting.