- Voting in 19 UPs, Khetlal municipality begins
- PM performs Umrah
- 2 schoolgirls drown in Chuadanga
- Transport strike called off in Sylhet
- 100 HSC answer scripts found at RU hall
- BD imposes ‘self-ban’ on vegetable export to EU market
- Swadhinata KS clinch 1st Div Football League title
- Trump greeted with selfies and politics on arrival in Israel
- Khaleda sits with party policymakers
- Banani rape: Shafat’s driver Billal makes ‘confession’
Lightning strike kills 2 in Ctg
Two people, including a college student, were killed by a lightning strike at Jorarganj in Mirsharai upazila on Monday.
The deceased were identified as Ovi Sharma, 21, son of Khokon Sharma, and a student of Baroiyahat Degree College in the upazila, and Nurun Nabi, 35, son of Mostafa of Dakhkhin Olinagar village in the same upazila.
In-charge of Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) police camp Jahirul Islam said Ovi and Nur Nabi suffered injuries as a thunderbolt hit them while working on separate lands in the area around 10 am.
They were taken to the CMCH where doctors declared them dead, he said.