- Mobile SIM sale to Rohingyas going on defying ban
- 7 get life in prison for murder in Ctg
- EC to sit with women leaders Monday
- Govt urged to create separate lanes for auto rickshaws, tempos
- ‘BGB-BSF set for another round of war games’
- BD urges Turkey to build one lakh more shelters for Rohingyas
- Neo-JMB man arrested from Sherpur
- Myanmar must take back its nationals, Sushma tells Hasina
- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
Lightning strike kills 2 in Ctg
Two people, including a college student, were killed by a lightning strike at Jorarganj in Mirsharai upazila on Monday.
The deceased were identified as Ovi Sharma, 21, son of Khokon Sharma, and a student of Baroiyahat Degree College in the upazila, and Nurun Nabi, 35, son of Mostafa of Dakhkhin Olinagar village in the same upazila.
In-charge of Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) police camp Jahirul Islam said Ovi and Nur Nabi suffered injuries as a thunderbolt hit them while working on separate lands in the area around 10 am.
They were taken to the CMCH where doctors declared them dead, he said.