- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
- DNCC polls stayed for 6 months: EC
- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
Lightning strike kills 2 in Ctg
Two people, including a college student, were killed by a lightning strike at Jorarganj in Mirsharai upazila on Monday.
The deceased were identified as Ovi Sharma, 21, son of Khokon Sharma, and a student of Baroiyahat Degree College in the upazila, and Nurun Nabi, 35, son of Mostafa of Dakhkhin Olinagar village in the same upazila.
In-charge of Chittagong Medical College Hospital (CMCH) police camp Jahirul Islam said Ovi and Nur Nabi suffered injuries as a thunderbolt hit them while working on separate lands in the area around 10 am.
They were taken to the CMCH where doctors declared them dead, he said.