- Voting in 19 UPs, Khetlal municipality begins
- PM performs Umrah
- 2 schoolgirls drown in Chuadanga
- Transport strike called off in Sylhet
- 100 HSC answer scripts found at RU hall
- BD imposes ‘self-ban’ on vegetable export to EU market
- Swadhinata KS clinch 1st Div Football League title
- Trump greeted with selfies and politics on arrival in Israel
- Khaleda sits with party policymakers
- Banani rape: Shafat’s driver Billal makes ‘confession’
No headmasters in 278 primary schools in Satkhira
As many as 278 government primary schools out of 1079 in the district are being operated without headmasters, leading disruptions in regular teaching activities.
Competent sources at Primary Education Office of the district said, the headmaster posts in 50 primary schools in Assasuni upazila, 24 in Kalaroa, 31 in Kaliganj, 59 in Tala, 12 in Debhata, 47 in Shyamnagar and 55 primary schools in the sadar upazila remain vacant for a long time.
While visiting some of the schools, this correspondent found the assistant teachers discharging the duties of the headmasters alongside their official duties.
Wishing anonymity, a leader of Satkhira district primary school teachers’ samity, said the assistant teachers have been discharging the additional duties without any extra payment.
The administration is neither recruiting new headmasters nor giving promotion to the assistant teachers as headmasters to resolve the crisis, the leader said.
Contacted, Sheikh Ahidul Islam, Primary Education Officer of the district, said they can’t give promotion to the assistant teachers as headmasters as a case has been filed on the issue.