- Champions Trophy: Tigers face Pakistan in warm-up match Saturday
- Lawmaker among 6 injured in Dinajpur road crash
- Govt on a ‘mission’ to kill BNP leaders, activists: Khaleda
- 25 Jamaat activists detained in city
- Nilkhet book market catches fire
- 2 JU students killed in Savar road crash
- Fire at Sundarbans doused
- Ramadan begins Sunday
- Greek statue removal SC’s decision: Quader
- Himachal Chief Minister lauds BD’s dev spree
Drive in Satkhira; 37 held
In separate drives in different parts of the district from Sunday night to Monday morning, police arrested 37 accused on various charges.
Of the arrestees, 12 people were held from Sadar upazila, seven from Kalaroa, four from Tala, two from Kaliganj, five from Shyamnagar, four from Assasuni, two from Debhata and one from Patkelghata upazilas, said Mizanur Rahman, an inspector of the Special Branch of police in Satkhira.
Police also recovered 80 pieces of Yaba tablets during the drive.
They are accused in different cases including acts of sabotage and drug abuse, the police officer added.