- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Drive in Satkhira; 37 held
In separate drives in different parts of the district from Sunday night to Monday morning, police arrested 37 accused on various charges.
Of the arrestees, 12 people were held from Sadar upazila, seven from Kalaroa, four from Tala, two from Kaliganj, five from Shyamnagar, four from Assasuni, two from Debhata and one from Patkelghata upazilas, said Mizanur Rahman, an inspector of the Special Branch of police in Satkhira.
Police also recovered 80 pieces of Yaba tablets during the drive.
They are accused in different cases including acts of sabotage and drug abuse, the police officer added.