- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
Drive in Satkhira; 37 held
In separate drives in different parts of the district from Sunday night to Monday morning, police arrested 37 accused on various charges.
Of the arrestees, 12 people were held from Sadar upazila, seven from Kalaroa, four from Tala, two from Kaliganj, five from Shyamnagar, four from Assasuni, two from Debhata and one from Patkelghata upazilas, said Mizanur Rahman, an inspector of the Special Branch of police in Satkhira.
Police also recovered 80 pieces of Yaba tablets during the drive.
They are accused in different cases including acts of sabotage and drug abuse, the police officer added.