- PM’s Austria tour: Combating terrorism high on agenda
- AL sinking into quicksand, says BNP
- 50 DU students get FSIB scholarship
- IBBL to host iftar items to 10 million fasting pedestrians
- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
‘Density zoning’ incorporated in DAP to make Dhaka livable
The government has included ‘density zoning’ in the Detailed Area Plan (DAP) of Rajdhani Unnayan Kartipakkha (Rajuk), aiming to reduce pressure of population in the capital and make DAP a pro-people one through correcting its errors.
According to an official document, the government has included the ‘density zoning’ in the 20-year DAP (2016-2035) for the first time in the country.
“Under density zoning, there’ll be a process of identifying area-wise population density, the usage of land as per population density and putting emphasis on providing civic amenities. There’ll be a realistic mega-plan taking all these things into consideration,” the document says.
Taking the urban planning under consideration, DAP will identify specific land use, aiming to provide safe accommodation for the future generation, according to the document.
This land utilisation included development of residential, commercial and industrial plots with amusement park, playground, lake, cultural circle, educational institutions, hospitals, community centers and some other things necessary to fulfill social needs.