- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
‘Density zoning’ incorporated in DAP to make Dhaka livable
The government has included ‘density zoning’ in the Detailed Area Plan (DAP) of Rajdhani Unnayan Kartipakkha (Rajuk), aiming to reduce pressure of population in the capital and make DAP a pro-people one through correcting its errors.
According to an official document, the government has included the ‘density zoning’ in the 20-year DAP (2016-2035) for the first time in the country.
“Under density zoning, there’ll be a process of identifying area-wise population density, the usage of land as per population density and putting emphasis on providing civic amenities. There’ll be a realistic mega-plan taking all these things into consideration,” the document says.
Taking the urban planning under consideration, DAP will identify specific land use, aiming to provide safe accommodation for the future generation, according to the document.
This land utilisation included development of residential, commercial and industrial plots with amusement park, playground, lake, cultural circle, educational institutions, hospitals, community centers and some other things necessary to fulfill social needs.