- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
‘Density zoning’ incorporated in DAP to make Dhaka livable
The government has included ‘density zoning’ in the Detailed Area Plan (DAP) of Rajdhani Unnayan Kartipakkha (Rajuk), aiming to reduce pressure of population in the capital and make DAP a pro-people one through correcting its errors.
According to an official document, the government has included the ‘density zoning’ in the 20-year DAP (2016-2035) for the first time in the country.
“Under density zoning, there’ll be a process of identifying area-wise population density, the usage of land as per population density and putting emphasis on providing civic amenities. There’ll be a realistic mega-plan taking all these things into consideration,” the document says.
Taking the urban planning under consideration, DAP will identify specific land use, aiming to provide safe accommodation for the future generation, according to the document.
This land utilisation included development of residential, commercial and industrial plots with amusement park, playground, lake, cultural circle, educational institutions, hospitals, community centers and some other things necessary to fulfill social needs.