- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
‘Density zoning’ incorporated in DAP to make Dhaka livable
The government has included ‘density zoning’ in the Detailed Area Plan (DAP) of Rajdhani Unnayan Kartipakkha (Rajuk), aiming to reduce pressure of population in the capital and make DAP a pro-people one through correcting its errors.
According to an official document, the government has included the ‘density zoning’ in the 20-year DAP (2016-2035) for the first time in the country.
“Under density zoning, there’ll be a process of identifying area-wise population density, the usage of land as per population density and putting emphasis on providing civic amenities. There’ll be a realistic mega-plan taking all these things into consideration,” the document says.
Taking the urban planning under consideration, DAP will identify specific land use, aiming to provide safe accommodation for the future generation, according to the document.
This land utilisation included development of residential, commercial and industrial plots with amusement park, playground, lake, cultural circle, educational institutions, hospitals, community centers and some other things necessary to fulfill social needs.